Dr. Jesse Taylor MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Philadelphia, PA

• Good
  • Bad

January 29th, 2017
My daughter was diagnosed with a back tumor and had to have (3) separate surgeries done. Dr. Taylor made not only me but my daughter completely at ease. His diagnosis and results what exactly right on. His bed side manor is unbelievable. He spoke directly to my daughter and helped her understand what he was going to do before her surgeries. I would recommend Dr. Taylor for any plastic suregery that needs to be done.

July 15th, 2016
Dr. Jesse Taylor palstic surgeon
Dr. Taylor was my daughters doctor in Cincinnati and also mine for other issues. Dr. Taylor is world class when it comes to needing a doctor. His preop, post, and all bedside manners are truly amazing!!!

July 21st, 2015
fabulous
Dr. Taylor is gentle and knowledgeable. He made me feel at ease about my daughters surgery and is gentle and patient with the kids. Her scar is better than i imagined it would look. Highly recommend him and his work!

June 10th, 2015
Love Dr. Taylor and his staff. Made me feel at ease with my baby's surgery. Did an excellent job. His team is amazing.

January 13th, 2015
This is an extremely skilled Physician, in addition to his expertise he has a wonderful bedside manner. He his operated on me twice now and I can't say enough abut him and his staff. His Administrative Assistant-Beth is very helpful and organized. she compliments his surgical skills with administrative excellent. You're in good hands with this Physician!!

December 12th, 2014
Terrible experience
The consultation was about acne scar treatment and non-surgical nose job. He was impatient the whole time. For the nose job he told me it would cost me about $5,000 to get a one-time latisse filler which is reported to be about $700 in others' reviews. For the acne scar treatment he just suggested me to make another appointment with another doctor. The consultation lasted less than 5 mins and the consultation fee was $120. Would never go again.

July 5th, 2013
Not dynamic enough in plastic surgery and certainly not helpful
I went to Taylor for advice after a botched jaw facial reconstructive surgery because I was in a great deal of pain. My case is a complicated one as I have had two previous facial reconstructive surgeries prior to seeing dr. taylor and both of them were botched. I have a congenital birth defect hemifacial microsomia and my last surgeon removed my left condylar bone and replaced it with a chromium cobalt jaw prosthesis. Seeing Taylor was really my only option left as there are very few maxillofacial surgeons in Philly and my last surgeon Peter Quinn - cleared me for additional surgery with Taylor - refuses to remove the prosthetic despite promising he would if there were any serious surgery complications that proved a hindrance to keeping it in. I did a lot of research on Taylor and he does come highly qualified in his field and is known for his work with stem cell research, bone grafts, and fixing people that are really bad off with facial deformities. First he wouldn't even properly examine me after spending a good 20 minutes in his office. I'm no plastic surgeon but if a patient is in a lot of pain shouldn't your doctor examine and feel your face? Instead he just tells me he's 100% sure that I have nerve damage. Really? Despite the fact that I have no numbness in my face or jaw area and numerous other plastic surgeons I have already consulted with after seeing Taylor and those surgeons thoroughly examined me state the exact opposite - it is most likely the jaw prosthetic causing the pain. They are backed by flawed research and the only reason why the FDA approved them - biomed and biomed microfixation company manufactures them - was because there was a lot of money in it however condition of approval is that each patient with a prosthesis in must be tracked and forms must be signed by the patients. Dr. Taylor like most doctors just sticks up for other doctors even if it means jeopordizing a patients health. Because of this misdiagnosis without any attempt of an accurate treatment or surgical intervention the pain has become increasingly worse. He also came across as very rude in his office by telling me what did I get surgery in the first place for? I outpointed him by telling him first surgery wasn't an elective surgery and was indeed very necessary but had he ever bothered to look at the old ct scans and before/after pictures I brought to his office he would of known since I have bone degeneration in my jaw. Like the other people that have written here before me I can also confirm that Dr. Taylor tells you everything will be fine and will help you but does not offer any reliable solutions to your problems. If anyone needs maxillofacial surgery don't waste your time going to Jesse Taylor I wouldn't recommend him.

March 8th, 2013
Children's Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
I think we're talking about a different Dr. Jesse Taylor. My son had surgeries with the doctor at CHOP and he was a Godsend! He did excellent, minimally-invasive surgery and my son's recoveries were short. My son looks amazing now, and I'd recommend Dr. Taylor to any worried parent.

December 9th, 2011
Not A Good Breast Reconstruction Surgeon
He's a pretty boy, smiles and tells you all will be great. Promises NOT to do the things you ask then has his way with you in surgery doing just the things he promised not to do. He total ruined my breast reconstruction and I am now in daily pain. I think my surgery was just another training session for him and his resident of the day as I told him what I wanted and he did what he wanted.

April 30th, 2011
Not A Good Breast Surgeon (Microflaps)
Appears to listen attentively then does what he wants without regard to your wishes. Failed to use in surgery or post op device (dopler) to determine if good blood supply was present in my breast. It wasn't and I lost my reconstruction. MRA confirms blood supply was crimped so had very limited blood supply. A simple dopler test would have shown this and allowed for corrective action. Would not recommend this doctor for breast reconsruction of any type.

February 17th, 2011
I had upper and lower eyelid surgery.He did fantastic work!

May 10th, 2017