Dr. Jethalal Harkhani Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jethalal Harkhani?

August 26th, 2015

Makes a person more suicidal after you see him!

Absolutely no bedside manner! Saw him because he was the only doc seeing new patients. Tried to tell me I was not bipolar although I have been for about 22 years now and that my father must have been misdiagnosed as Schizophrenic since he refuses to take drugs to treat it! Uh what!?! He was rude and condescending! He said because of my stress levels and the things that I've been through are why I was so stressed and that was normal! So I asked why my husband and Mother were also not suicidal? He had no answer. I told him I just needed to some medication to help get me out of my rut. I know what actions I need to take, I just can't do it if I'm too depressed to get out of the bed. I left his office crying! He didn't say anything or offer me a tissue. The entire waiting room saw me balling! I got the medicine I needed and now my PCP can write the script. You couldn't pay me to see that arrogant guy again! Oh, and he's old school. Women should be controlled by their husbands! Don't get me started!!

July 5th, 2015

Mentioned a diagnosis for me that no other psychiatris ever mentio,ed in12 years of treatment. Not impressed.

April 1st, 2015

Almost Caused Me Permanent Neurologic Damage

I can collaborate the experiences of the other reviewers. He prescribed drugs to me that caused me to have severe hand tremors for more than a year. He said it was not the fault of the medication and to talk to my PCP - My PCP ordered a brain MRI, that cost me well over $1,000.00, and referred me to a neurologist that took months to see. Meanwhile the tremors were so bad I could not do my job properly. While waiting to see the neurologist, I saw Dr. Harkhani a few times and in all cases he refused to look at my brain MRI and told me the tremors were nothing. I told him the other medications I took prior to his care did not give me tremors and I felt fine on them. He said since I didn't have insurance I should only take the type he gave me because it was the cheapest and refused to rewrite the script. I finally saw the neurologist and after examining me and the MRI said without a doubt, the tremors were from the medication Dr. Harkahni gave me and that it was a very common side effect that could become permanent if I didn't get weened off them soon. I went back to Harkhani, he didn't believe the neurologist but suggested I go on another drug that I have taken before and had three serious suicide attempts while taking it. He said I should take it anyway - I found another doctor after that. Oh, and my only child is transgendered, and he made fun of her to me in his office and suggested she stay put in San Fransisco. Go to Dr. Widra in Berlin, he is wonderful, competent, listens to you, and is supportive of parents of LGBT children. He changed my script as I asked Harkhani more than a year ago, and within a week the tremors were gone. Thank goodness they didn't become permanent.

December 2nd, 2014

Very poor physician

I have been seeing Dr. Harkhani for about 3 years now and I can't stand him. The only reason I continue to see him is that he accepts medicare patients and he was easy to get into. His staff is very helpful and nice. He has a terrible bedside manner, has an air of superiority and as one other reviewer has said, he puts me down and makes me feel that any problems I am having are totally my fault. He does not take good notes and continuously asks me about my drinking and drug use, when I have told him repeatedly that I have been sober for a very long time. I would not recommend him to anyone.

March 20th, 2013

Excellent by Eastern Shore Standards

The office staff are very kind and willing to help those without insurance. As mental health professionals go on the Eastern Shore, you won't find much better. Dr. Harkhani is perfunctory, but very good with the physical treatment of Mental Heath. You should know that he is not a counselor, you will need to find someone else for that. But all in all, he's one of the few Medical Dr. mental health professionals in the area, and as things go here on the shore, he's as good as it gets.

September 27th, 2012

Doctor's comments after I shared my problems and concerns were extremely unsympathetic. He had a superioristic attitude and put blame on me for all that I'm going through at this time. HIs remarks to me were inexcusable and unprofessional. Not the experience I was hoping to get for my first time. Why anyone, especially a 20ish female go to this doctor for help, should be warned. If your looking for someone to help you deal with your problems, this is NOT the one!

April 27th, 2012

Mr. J

I was sent to see Dr Harjhani by disability. The wait was long and I felt uncomfortable seeing a shrink while waiting with others in the waiting room. After I got to see him he was very unprofessional, even answering his cell phone and office phone while I was talking to him. I am in alot of pain and carried a heating pad with me for comfort but he told me I could not plug it in because I wouldn,t be there very long. He was not a nice person who seemed like I was more of a bother to him because he had to fill out a disability report and he was in a hurry because even though my appointment was at 3:15 I wasnt seen until almost 4:00 and he closes at 5:00 and still had 3 more patients waiting to be seen after me. He rushed me through my interview, cared nothing about me only filling out the report and then when i was told the interview was over (less than 15 minutes) I walked out to the receptionist and asked if I could talk to him more cause I had so much to say but I was told no cause the report was deone and filed....what a disaster.

December 26th, 2010

A doctor who does not know anything about patient care

Bad experience. Worst doctor.

May 26th, 2010

Good shrink!

Dr H took my case a few years ago. I was being treated by another Psych in Salisbury who, in my opinion, is a quack. Dr H listened to me and my family. Three years later I am doing well and I see Dr H every six months or so. I recommend Dr H.

October 21st, 2009

Given a complex!

When calling in to this office to make an appointment for evaluation by recommendation from my primary doctor I was asked a series of questions from the basics to one them being if there is any abuse of alcohol or illegal drugs. When I stated that I had abused alcohol in the past but had no current issues with it since 2006 (it now being 2009) I was told by the office staff that I would not likely be seen by Dr. Harkhani for that reason but they still wanted me to have my records faxed over to them from where I was treated. Two days later I get a call from the office staff stating that Dr. Harkhani had reviewed my information (and the information only being what I had discussed with the office staff when I was questioned during my 1st call because I had not had my records faxed to them yet)and he didn't feel that he would be able to see me as my doctor. I feel I was wrongly turned away and it's a horrible thing to do to someone who calls in to their office needing help. Especially not knowing the current issue at hand and instead going on something from my past that had NOTHING to do with my current issues and why I had called their office for help in the first place.

October 3rd, 2017