A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. J Shim:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. J Shim is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shim
Major Depressive Disorder Patient Education Vitals patient guide for major depressive disorder and types and sypmtoms of depression such as dysthymia or postpartum.Before Visiting Dr. Shim Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Specialties & Research
Dr. J Shim, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shim graduated from Loma Linda University.
Dr. Shim has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. J Jewel Shim MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. J J. Shim practice?
- Dr. J Shim has 1 office location.
Dr. J Shim practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near Oakland, CA.
See Oakland Psychiatrists.