Dr. Jewell Duncan MD Patient Reviews

July 18th, 2016
I hate him.

April 23rd, 2015
Horrible
I had a scope done on my ankle for absolutely no reason. He did more damage then good. Every other doctor has seen my MRI's and said they would have never done surgery. Just wants your money. Doesn't care about your well being.

March 9th, 2015
Has a place for you to sit in the elevator. Staff very nice. .Took his own ex rays of knee injury@ Hip . Advised me to do hip first. Has patience to listen.

May 18th, 2014
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER
I had ankle reconstruction surgery in 2012 by Duncan. A year later, I was in more pain than ever before, and my ankle was swelling up in a different spot like a balloon. He said I had some crazy disease, which PT's and other doctors said there was no way I had. He was giving me all kinds of medication with a wrong diagnosis. I had a second surgery by a foot and ankle specialist a year later. The pain and swelling are still in the same spot. I do not think anyone can figure out what he did to screw me up. He made me come back every month just to tell me the same thing every single time. I quit seeing him the day he told me that one day I will wake up and be all better. Two years later, that has not happened. Having surgery done by him was the worst mistake I have ever made.

May 14th, 2013
UNWANTED FORCED Disability Retirement After Four Disasterous Elbow Surgeries
Was in best shape of life, heavy into weight training due to career state law enforcement. Said nerve pinched both elbows, move nerve placement then can resume full activities, no limitations. Surgeries preformed. When given clearance resume light training pain worse than before both elbows. Returned consult Dr stated did not move nerve as surgery objectives defined. Thought clearance issues ok, not moved. Repeat surgeries preformed, nerve moved. Extensive scar tissue on nerve, burning pain 24/7, set arm on tabletop sets on exposed nerve, unable lift weights from nerve pain elbows. Hands shake, scribble trying write, unable hold service weapon tightly enough handle recoil, never told of these possible surgery side effects....wish could go back in time!

April 18th, 2013
Anyone giving ratings above 1 star is probably on staff or Dr. Duncan himself. One word - Incompetent.

April 9th, 2013
Law Enforcement
I have been to several doctors for sports related injuries. Dr. Duncan is unquestionably one of, if not the most incompetent physicians on the face of the planet. I would have more confidence getting surgery from a "doctor" with an internet degree from a third world country and has never operated in their life than I would from Dr. Duncan. In fact, I'd operate on myself before allowing Dr. Duncan to perform sports related surgery on me. If you do have surgery from Dr. Duncan, he usually takes a couple tries to get it right. If he is even capable of ever getting it right, which I seriously doubt. Please do not mistake my 1 star review for anything other than it was the lowest rating I could give. He does not even deserve negative stars.

March 11th, 2013
Dr. Jewell B Duncan is an EXCELLENT Surgeon, with very qualified staff and rehabilitation associates that, in my opinion, are as GOOD as they come. I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone that is considering PT or may require SURGERY to use him and his associates. They are EXCELLENT!!!!!! I had both of my achilles tendons repaired, one planned, the other an emergency, and while I am still working on the rehabilitation part, (10-14 months is what soccer players take off for the same surgery) the CARE, COMFORT and COMPASSION I received was, BAR NONE, the best I have ever received from a Physician/Surgeon PERIOD.

April 6th, 2010
Great experience
I had a knee problem and Duncan worked with me to try a non-surgical approac for 6 momths.my kneegot better but just wasn't well enough to supportmy activity level. I had meniscus(sp?) surgery on my knee and wasback golfing in a month. I carefully followed the PT plan which sped my recovery. Later that year I returned to skiing.Overall a great experience.

November 17th, 2009
Bad
Rotator cuff surgery went bad, Dr Duncan kept recommending PT. PT gave up, knowing that therapy was not helping. When I went to another physical therapist, I was immediatly told PT would do no good and was referred to another orthopedic surgeon who took lots of time explaining options. Dr Duncan never took that time with me.