Dr. Jewell Duncan Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Jewell Duncan?

Posted on July 17th, 2017

Immediately wanted to do surgery - only cared about $$$ which resulted in crippling me for the rest of my life. I was a very active athlete before, after his surgery - I can barely walk - steps are impossible - after much therapy. Other orthopedic doctor told our family other options should have been offered before jumping immediately to surgery. Friend also went to Dr. Duncan. After her surgery, the nurse told her about the "oops" during her surgery. She was a tri-athlete no more and can barely walk now, too. This doctor will do surgery at the drop of a hat without offering other options which crippled both me and my friend that used to be very active. Results were disastrous which Dr. Duncan was vicious over and wanted to do more surgeries on both me and my friend. Didn't care about our well being or the outcome - just wanted to do more and more surgeries. Crippling one patient after another. We heard the horror stories in his waiting room after the surgery. Many, many regrets for ever going to see him. Will never be able to get life back as if once was before seeing him. Think of life as it once was and what could have been. BEWARE.

Would definitely recommend

Posted on June 5th, 2017

Very professional and courteous. Answered all the questions we had which were many.

Posted on July 18th, 2016

I hate him.

Horrible

Posted on April 23rd, 2015

I had a scope done on my ankle for absolutely no reason. He did more damage then good. Every other doctor has seen my MRI's and said they would have never done surgery. Just wants your money. Doesn't care about your well being.

Posted on March 9th, 2015

Has a place for you to sit in the elevator. Staff very nice. .Took his own ex rays of knee injury@ Hip . Advised me to do hip first. Has patience to listen.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Posted on May 19th, 2014

I had ankle reconstruction surgery in 2012 by Duncan. A year later, I was in more pain than ever before, and my ankle was swelling up in a different spot like a balloon. He said I had some crazy disease, which PT's and other doctors said there was no way I had. He was giving me all kinds of medication with a wrong diagnosis. I had a second surgery by a foot and ankle specialist a year later. The pain and swelling are still in the same spot. I do not think anyone can figure out what he did to screw me up. He made me come back every month just to tell me the same thing every single time. I quit seeing him the day he told me that one day I will wake up and be all better. Two years later, that has not happened. Having surgery done by him was the worst mistake I have ever made.

UNWANTED FORCED Disability Retirement After Four Disasterous Elbow Surgeries

Posted on May 14th, 2013

Was in best shape of life, heavy into weight training due to career state law enforcement. Said nerve pinched both elbows, move nerve placement then can resume full activities, no limitations. Surgeries preformed. When given clearance resume light training pain worse than before both elbows. Returned consult Dr stated did not move nerve as surgery objectives defined. Thought clearance issues ok, not moved. Repeat surgeries preformed, nerve moved. Extensive scar tissue on nerve, burning pain 24/7, set arm on tabletop sets on exposed nerve, unable lift weights from nerve pain elbows. Hands shake, scribble trying write, unable hold service weapon tightly enough handle recoil, never told of these possible surgery side effects....wish could go back in time!

Posted on April 18th, 2013

Anyone giving ratings above 1 star is probably on staff or Dr. Duncan himself. One word - Incompetent.

Posted on March 11th, 2013

Dr. Jewell B Duncan is an EXCELLENT Surgeon, with very qualified staff and rehabilitation associates that, in my opinion, are as GOOD as they come. I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone that is considering PT or may require SURGERY to use him and his associates. They are EXCELLENT!!!!!! I had both of my achilles tendons repaired, one planned, the other an emergency, and while I am still working on the rehabilitation part, (10-14 months is what soccer players take off for the same surgery) the CARE, COMFORT and COMPASSION I received was, BAR NONE, the best I have ever received from a Physician/Surgeon PERIOD.

Great experience

Posted on April 6th, 2010

I had a knee problem and Duncan worked with me to try a non-surgical approac for 6 momths.my kneegot better but just wasn't well enough to supportmy activity level. I had meniscus(sp?) surgery on my knee and wasback golfing in a month. I carefully followed the PT plan which sped my recovery. Later that year I returned to skiing.Overall a great experience.

Bad

Posted on November 17th, 2009

Rotator cuff surgery went bad, Dr Duncan kept recommending PT. PT gave up, knowing that therapy was not helping. When I went to another physical therapist, I was immediatly told PT would do no good and was referred to another orthopedic surgeon who took lots of time explaining options. Dr Duncan never took that time with me.

Posted on September 15th, 2017