Dr. Jhansi Raj MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

August 31st, 2016
Courteous Staff and Quick Visits/Scheduling
The receptionist is very friendly and quick to check calendars and schedule appointments, and the follow-up process is highly efficient. However, if you have symptoms of anxiety and depression and want to "talk it out," Dr. Raj is a great listener, but not the best communicator. She is quick to spot where your anxieties stem from, but not extremely proficient in offering advice and wise, comforting words.

July 21st, 2016
Horrible bed side manner
This woman shouldn't even be able to call herself a Dr I saw her one time for 10 minutes she prescribed me 8 different medication's called me bipolar and looked at me like I was stupid, her office is hot,dingy and it stale, she doesn't care about you as a patient just how much she can charge you , her clothes were old her glasses were dirty and she runs people in and out giving them pills, her staff is rude and uneducated I am reporting her to the medical board

June 25th, 2016
Highly recommend
I have been a patient with Dr. Raj for a couple of years now and my visits with her have been great, I have no problems setting an appointment. The waiting room has plenty of magazines to read and soothing country music to listen to. My time spent with her has been great and she has helped me a tremendous amount.

May 16th, 2016
Good Psychiatrist
Today was my 1st visit with Dr. Raj. She was about 10 mins late better than some other DR's office. She started asking about my family history for depression. I asked her why she is asking my family history. She said if anybody in the family had psychiatric problem I may have also. I agreed with her because my cousin have severe depression & my cousins father had depression also. She spent about 45 mins with me & prescribed medication. She said to see her after 3 weeks. I asked her can she make it for 3 months but she said she wants to see me earlier to chk & see how the medication work & then I can see her once in 3 or 6 months. I really liked her & the front office staff were friendly & very courteous. I will definitely recommend Dr.Raj to others.

February 19th, 2016
Over-prescribes until patients are practically unconscious. Will not listen to patients complaints. Will not listen to patients at all.

February 12th, 2016
Terrible
I had read these reviews the morning of my appointment but recognized that they COULD be based off of cultural differences, therefore I attempted to keep an open mind. However these reviews are more than likely all justifiable. This woman is terrible at her craft. I arrived 20 minutes early to fill out paperwork and the client before my appointment was already checking out. I finished the paperwork one minute before my scheduled appointment time. The doctor did not call me back for another 30 minutes. The office is not as dingy as these reviews imply so I thought that was a plus. But after sitting in the waiting room for 50 minutes staring at the wall and smelling stale tobacco from the receptionists cigarette break, while listening to country music (which I love but it was a rather depressing playlist), I can understand how someone would not be so fond of the place. The doctor herself is just as these other reviews describe. She is short and uninterested. She seems to base her knowledge off of antiquated ideals that are more so black and white rather than a scale of psychology. She told me I didn't have PTSD because I didn't have terrifying flashbacks or nightmares at the beginning of our session and by the end she admitted that I had some PTSD along with a grocery list of disorders and I would need to attend a 3 week outpatient program with weekly sessions with her before she could see me fully. Her office put a lot of pressure on me to fill out a release of information form which was discomforting. And in the introductory paperwork one of the 3 papers (one is about your insurance mostly and some medical, the other is the release) is a paper to sign explaining and agreeing to $25 appointment cancellation fees and $25 fees to sign documents, which she refuses to sign until paid. I hold no personal resentments against this woman but if you're genuinely looking for a health care professional I don't recommend seeing Dr. Raj.

February 4th, 2016
💩
Wish I would have never went there.

January 18th, 2016
Stay away
One of her patients shot herself due to her negligence. Rude, doesn't care about your well being

September 9th, 2015
Wished I had read this before I saw her. Zero stars, were it possible.
I was horrified. I'm on this website now looking for a psychiatrist because I had such a terrible experience. I was there because I felt that I had been over medicated by my PCP. I am having some anxiety and sometimes will get stuck on a task for hours because I don't feel like I can stop until the task is complete. She asked me if I washed my hands 20 times a day. Of course I do. What's terrifying is the idea that a doctor thinks that this is compulsive behavior. Yucky! She asked questions about my parents, not me. She spoke aloud as she was taking notes instead of listening to me. I left in tears and called my insurance company as soon as I got home. I have never seen a psychiatrist before, and wasn't sure what was supposed to happen, but I know that wasn't right. She was adamant that I should be in a 20 hour a week outpatient program because I was so upset. She was beating the crap out of me. I was very understandably upset. This review won't let you give 0 stars.

August 4th, 2015
If you want a doctor who makes you feel uncomfortable for not answering questions promptly or who eats chips during your first appointment with her this this is the doc for you, I came out of her office feeling worse then I felt going in, and i went there to seek HELP. It is very hard to open up to a complete stranger about personal issues effecting your daily life, Dr. Raj made me feel like a fool I walked out of her office crying, I did not feel like she even took anything i was telling her serious she was more interested in eating her lunch during my appointment then finding out what my best treatment options were. When I called to cancel my follow up appintment she had her staff call me back and tell me to return the samples and prescriptions she gave me. I was not there to seek drugs i was there for help... I would never recommend this doctor to ANYONE

May 5th, 2015
Paitent Beware
Dr. Raj, misdiagnosed and over medicated me, to the point I was unable to function.

April 7th, 2015
Does not listen to the patient
I have been seeing Dr. Raj for about 2 years. At first I thought I could deal with her every 6 months for 10 minutes. But she does not listen to her patients and it worries me that she makes huge assumptions when she doesn't understand what is really going on. I have had several instances of her making snap diagnoses and trying to put me on hardcore medications. Not sure why because my antidepressants have been working just fine. She also refuses to listen when I try to tell her about some slight side effects that I have had. She just tells me that my medication don't do that. Researched it and they are know side effects. I am now looking for a new doctor. I don't trust her to be in charge of my care.