Dr. Jie Zhu MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 10 reviews

August 12th, 2016
He is a good doctor who cares about his patients.
He is a good doctor who cares about his patients.

August 11th, 2016
Outstanding Doctor
My experience was outstanding. Dr. Zhu took the time get to know me, explain my options and constantly asking if I had questions. The procedures were successful, I feel so much better. I would recommend Dr. Zhu to my family and friends.

July 30th, 2016
Dr. Zhu is a very good pain doctor.

April 10th, 2014
A horrible experience every time
My initial appointment was little more than an interrogation based on whether or not I was a drug addict and more about them not getting in trouble with the FDA. Along with me being told several times I can go to another doctor. Also my first appointment had to be rescheduled because after waiting over two hours I still hadn't seen Dr. Zhu. After my first full appointment I was supposed to get a prescription which I couldn't because the staff was out to lunch. Also I asked if the meds were covered by my insurance which Zhu said yes only to find out it wasn't, and it took over two weeks to get the prescription I was supposed to get initially. After getting a nerve block procedure it took over three weeks for a follow up appointment in which I waited over an hour to see the doctor for all of two minutes and NO answers. He has horrible bedside manner and no compassion for patients who pay his salary.

August 9th, 2013
horrible doctor!
he kept me waiting for 3 hours then barely spent 10 minutes dicussing my issues with me. he refused to prescribe me medicine I have already been on for over 5 years. He was VERY rude to me regarding my weight and was not helpful at all

May 9th, 2013
Loves his laptop more tha diagnosing patient.
After he shook my had, his back was to me the whole time. Never touched me, never checked the strength of my feet. He just kept asking questions that appeared on his laptop program, he did offer medication and shots but I didn't feel he really paid attention. I felt like his laptop diagnosed me. It was a very short appointment.

February 7th, 2012
A good pain doctor
He is a good doctor.

February 3rd, 2010
Disgrace to the meaning of patient care!
The wait time at the office was 2 1/2 hours! Dr. Jie Zhu was not concerned about my condition and needs but more concerned about what the internet told him to do. He shows no sympathy and treats people as if they are a hassle. Instead of letting you explain your diagnoses, he over talks you and disregards other physicans opinions and diagnoses. A complete waste of my time, but I found a true heartless uncaring doctor with no remorse for the well being of his patients. I had 2 visits and on the first visit, Dr. Zhu suggested that I should seek another doctor? I explained my pain condition, and he disregarded it and made his own conclusion (Like he was me). A sad excuse for a doctor and I hope others read this before seeing this doctor.

September 2nd, 2009
3 HOUR WAIT
If he would have LISTENED at all, the wait may have been excusable. Plus, in the 15 minutes he did spend with me, 14 of those minutes his face was in his laptop. Don't know what he was looking for, as he didn't hear a word I said.

March 6th, 2009
People are just paychecks instead of patients
*Waited 4 (FOUR) hours in the examing room to be seen (and I wasn't the only paitent that day waiting that long), which the one I was in was FILTHY. *Was constantly interrupted by the "Temple" intern that was asking me questions about my medical history.*I felt EXTREMELY pressured to set up an appointment to get an injection, (had he would have waited for my medical history to arrive from my previous Doctor would have known I already had one and it didn't help) or he would not fill anymore prescriptions that I need to control my pain.I would most certainly NOT recommend this Doctor, nor his PM facility (Mid Atlantic Pain Center, Bear, DE). Because a Pain Management center is only as good as their staff...