Pediatrician, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Pediatric Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Very good at diagnosis - saw improvement in her patient interaction  |  show details
by Terry on Sep 30th, 2014

I was very put off initially by Dr. Brodsky. I thought her manner with my 16 year old daughter was awful at the first visit. To us, it seemed like she was labeling my daughter as an eating disorder and implying that she had upset her body's endocrine system by under eating. She didn't explain very well what blood tests she was running, etc - we actually asked the technician who drew the blood what tests she was running. She did update us on the results via phone - so that was good. The 2nd visit was a total turn around - she was very good at communicating the test results in really good context of what they meant. She was much more interactive - especially with my daughter, asking her if she had questions or concerns. She explained that she did not think she had an eating disorder - just that in changing her body composition to less fat, more muscle, she may have triggered it to shut down certain functions. I feel like she really did a thorough testing - and she even explained that with the particular issue my daughter has it's a matter of ruling some other things out to confirm the diagnosis. It made alot of sense and made us feek so much better about what to do to treat it. She explained the treatment plan well. I would recommend her - I really believe that she was very thorough. I would just say that if you don't feel comfortable at first, maybe say something to her (nicely). Seeing it now in hindsight, I think I probably over reacted at the first visit - she may have had a problem patient right before us or something - or with all the eating disorders out there she has to try to rule them out when she sees a thing girl with endocrine issues. I think her skills outweigh possible personality issues - if you want someone who is going to get to a correct diagnosis - even double checking other possibilities to rules them out - I think you are in good hands with Dr. Brodsky.

|  Unacceptable!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2014

Very poor bedside manner….cold and heartless throughout the examination. We tried to be kinder to her! Just too arrogant! Especially for someone taking care of children! My daughter left in tears based on Dr. Brodsky's insensitive comments. Later found out others concur with our opinion.

|  rude  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2013

very rude doctor ... go somewhere else if possible.. she was very rude to my son

|  show details
Sep 5th, 2012

My daughter was a patient of Dr. Jill Brodsky and it was the worst experience with a medical doctor our family had ever encountered. She has a very arrogant and nonchalant attitude in his approach to medicine, and lacks the knowledge to give proper treatment. Not to mention that his office staff is very rude. For the sake of good health, STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!