Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

The wait is ridiculous show details The wait is ridiculous
Nov 5th, 2010

I had a 9am appt and she still had not made it to the office by 10:30. I asked if she was with a patient in the hospital and the staff smiled and said "No" But, they were hoping she would come in. I think she is a very nice person. But, at 10:45 I walked out never to return again. There are plenty of other dr.s that show up to work on time. I have been to Dr. Farmar three times. Every time I had a long wait. The last was by far the worst.

Long waits show details Long waits
Feb 16th, 2010

Dr. Farmar is warm and friendly but I did not care for:1. consistently long waits- always at least 45-50 minutes. 4 times- I find it unacceptable.2. She'd think she'd see something on a test result and have me come back in again and again...always turned out to be nothing, but of course I got charged for it. I am very healthy. She also had me do a bone density test which I didn't think I needed but she questioned it, but again, it was "normal". She orders too many useless tests. Her nurse is really nice.

An Excellent Doctor - like visiting with a friend show details An Excellent Doctor - like visiting with a friend
by Angela on Nov 25th, 2008

Dr. Farmar is an excellent Dr. I went in to have the Novasure procedure done which was recommended by my Family Dr. While visiting with her, she made me feel very comfortable, as if i were visiting with a friend rather than a doctor. I walked out of the office armed with the knowledge I needed to make the decision to have the procedure done. I had the procedure done yesterday and feel nothing short of spectacular today. She gave me the signs to watch for, I knew what to expect before, during and after the procedure and all went as planned. Her nurse called me this morning to check on me and honestly, I wasn't surprised to hear from them. Her whole staff is so upbeat, happy to see me when I walk in the door, remember me by name and they all genuinely care about their patients. Even the woman I spoke to for the equipment company that brings the Novasure machine said she was thinking about switching to Dr. Farmar as her own Dr. That has to tell you something! i just can't say enough good things about her and her staff! I am so impressed!!

too long! show details too long!
Oct 14th, 2008

inconsiderate of peoples time. We all have schedules and Dr.Farmar cannot keep to hers. Do not want to move on, but have no choice!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's nice, but takes way to long to see her customers show details She's nice, but takes way to long to see her customers
Sep 11th, 2008

Dr. Farmer is a fair doctor. She has done a few procedures on me and left me wondering if they were necessary or if she did a good job. She seems to be guessing about stuff a lot.Now for the wait! Do not go see her if you only have a lunch break or an alloted amount of time. I'm always in her office a miniumum of three hours. Once I was there for five! She is SLOW!