Dr. Jill Kerr DO Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 27 reviews

no change

November 1st, 2016
First two appointments she listened and seamed to actually care what you had to say. Subsequent visits she only came in and did a superficial visit with you she would hover around the door like she could not wait to get away. She would not follow up questions. Office staff was deplorable. Waited 30 minutes on hold to get lab question answered because they forgot about me, called back to have same MA try and place me on hold. Everyone just doesn't care about patient care/health. As a vet I feel better using the VA health care system then ever visiting this doctor

September 12th, 2016
Tempe, AZ
I have been seeing Dr. Kerr for over 6 years and not one bad experience. Actually 6 years ago I was seeing many specialists for thyroid, bloating and stomach issues. Not 1 specialist out of 5 could figure out what was wrong. Then I research Dr. Kerr and set up an appointment. Took in my blood work and she changed by dosage and within 2 weeks I was feeling great again. Also, had me tested for gallbladder as I didn't have the "normal" symptoms but Dr. Kerr said it was my gallbladder. Boom, she was right and had it removed! Why is it no other specialist could figure that out? I even go to a Endocrinologist out of state (couldn't find a decent one here) and Dr. Kerr was spot on with what what this Dr. who practiced at the Mayo Clinic. She always got me in when I had an emergency and took time to really listen to me. As far as the medical students, they all have to start some where. And if I need to speak with them prior (initially) then I am good with that as they are learning from the best. Please remember that Dr's and their staff are humans as well and get sick or have a bad day. Plus they handle people that are sick daily.....not a fun job to me.

August 31st, 2015
At first staff seemed a little aloof, but they know me now, have gone through some problems with me, and now they take good care of me. Thanks Girls 😂😁😁. P.s. love DR. Kerr💮💮

August 5th, 2015
Annoyed Beyond Words
This office is a joke. I had an 845 am appt. Arrived at 830. Was not seen until 945. When, a student Dr. came in AGAIN. Mind you I have been a patient here for almost a year and have requested to several staff members on several occasions to PLEASE WRITE ON MY CHART I DO NOT WANT TO SEE STUDENTS!! Yet again today, another one comes walking in. He actually examined me! And I am still in the room! He goes out and consoles with Dr Kerr in the hallway about my examination. I can hear everything they say, so can the rest of the office. Keep in mind this has happenned EVERY time I've been here for the last 10 mo! To make matters worse, it's a NEW student male Dr. each time. One of the reasons I chose Dr Kerr was to have a female PCP. It's 1040am and I am STILL waiting in the room for her to come in here! I keep saying I'm going to switch but it's such a pain to find a Dr and have records sent that I keep putting it off. I have NEVER seen anything like this! And don't even get me started on the grump at the front desk. No eye contact. On a power trip for what? I'm not sure. Do not speak unless spoken to in the front that's for sure. She is something else. NO NOT COME HERE. -100 stars!!

July 7th, 2015
If there was a way to give negative stars I would have done so. Receptionists are rude; appointments are difficult to obtain as Dr Kerr always seems to be away on vacation or just off. Oh wait, one can get an appointment with another doctor in their shared group; but, darn it, the Tempe and Mesa office is usually closed as their doctors are off. The best is the office in N Phoenix but you have to convince the receptionist that the office is part of a group. If you get a test that goes to the lab or you have to go to the lab, be prepared to wait for the twelfth of never for the results. Repeated phone calls - and I mean repeated- are required to obtain results long after Dr Kerr has promised a response. Oh wait, one never does get a response from the doctor. Responses are done by the two ladies up front who remind me of Laurel and Hardy, except they are not funny- just incompetent. Thank God I have found another doctor. If you value your time and health do not - under any circumstance- use this doctor.

June 13th, 2015
As a new patient i have to say i have a horrible impression of this clinic. the receptionist is horrible and rude when i politely asked her a question in regards to the new patient paper work she gave me horrible attitude and made me feel like i didnt know how to read. it was a simple question lady! after waiting almost an hour to be seen by the doctor she finally runs in there for about 30 second to tell me i had to get blood work done. didnt even address my issues. i think i spent more time with her assistants than with her. i dont understand why work in the medical profession if you simply dont wish to be there? you not only waisted my time but your time as well. I seriously do not recommend anyone to be seen by this "doctor" .

March 17th, 2015
No Bedside Manner
Dr Jill Kerr has a great medical staff, but the 2 minutes I spent with her left me literally in tears. I was a new patient, recently relocated from Tucson and unsatisfied with my first PCP. I'm already seeing a Orthopedic Surgeon & Physical Therapist for painful radiculopathy and per insurance guidelines needed referrals to see the same person for other joint problems as well as a Gastroenterologist and with a long list of biopsies and Skin Cancer need a dermatologist. She said, 'there's not enough room in our form to give you a Dermatology referral, so you can just see us if you have dermatological concerns.' Honestly, I wouldn't take my dog to see her for a vaccination let alone a serious illness. She attempted to change dosages on medication that she does not and will not have any part in prescribing and discussed nothing with me except that I needed lab work in 2 months. What I read on the print out when I got home (3.5 hours after I arrived at my appointment with her) was all a surprise to me! Don't bother giving Dr Kerr a cent of your money, she literally spent 2 minutes with me (talking down to me in a condescending, accusatory tone). Her staff spent 20 minutes with me and were compassionate and thorough, but she scolded her assistant, in my presence for giving me the time and respect I deserved. So Jill gets (MINUS) -4 Stars but that wasn't a rating option. Wasted day, terrible experience.

January 29th, 2015
The worst staff
Ridiculously inept staff! Very unprofessional and dishonest.

September 3rd, 2014
Poor
Went to Dr. Kerr and was diagnosed with TWO conditions I was later found not to have: Gout and Osteoporosis. Would not accommodate my work schedule. I worked 25 miles from home. Was asked to leave the practice by her office manager!! Wrote letter and received no reply!

December 2nd, 2013
Great and very caring Doctor
Dr. Jill Kerr has been so very thorough in the diagnosis of terrible upper neck pain that I have been suffering from for many months. All the needed tests and referrals has led to the proper procedures and medication to remove the constant pain that that I was experiencing. I would highly recommend her as a great and caring Doctor!

November 1st, 2013
Absolutely no care or concern for patients
Dr Kerr uses student doctors to make diagnosis & complete exams. I have left voicemails multiple times weekly just to get someone to discuss my lab results. More than a month later (A MONTH) a *different* doctor from Dr. Kerr's left a voicemail with a completely opposite diagnosis than I had received in the office. This place is only interested in getting paid by your health insurance.

September 30th, 2013
Patient for 13+ years and love, love, love her!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Kerr for 13+ years and think that she is simply amazing. Not only is she a wonderful doctor, she is an amazing person. She listens, cares, and shows compassion. My husband had a heart attack a few years ago and it was Dr. Kerr that saved his life. The office staff is great too. Dr. Kerr takes on many students--which I think is great. She is helping to form future doctors. You can schedule an appointment on her website which saves having to call the office. Remember that if you are waiting for a doctor, someone in the room next door might be a patient like my husband.