inactive

Jill F Schwartz-Chevlin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

March 23rd, 2016
Unfortunately, our experience is all to similar to the previous reviewer. The doctor acts put upon when asked questions; she does not return phone calls until a week later; and her receptionist is unpleasant and rude. The office insists on using an online "patient portal" to relay information and confirm appointments, however, after confirming an appointment online, I was hounded by the receptionist who needed to confirm the doctor's visit over the phone. Indeed...it made no sense. The bottom line is that there is absolutely no sense that the doctor or her staff care about the patients. It seems from our experience to be a sort of racket...$75 travel fee? You've got to be kidding me! Today was our last visit. Another doctor is definitely in order.

June 20th, 2015
Since she is a geriatric M.D. she was taking care of my mother for a few years when my mother could still walk with her walker. I always found it strange that when I would call for information no one would contact me until a week later or not at all. As my mother's health became worse, Dr. Schwartz was absolutely horrible in getting back to me or the hospice nurse. They had to constantly call to get the info or to have her call in a prescription which would be needed right away. You can tell that she could care less about her patients with that fake smile. She has jumped to conclusions without allowing you to correct what it is that she is thinking. Telling me that she has said she has gone over and beyond with my mother because she made a phone call on her behalf. My question had nothing to do with the insurance. And never admits to making that mistake. After my mother came home from the hospital she didn't check to see if she had all of the reports she needed before coming to my house. She had called her office yelling loudly in front of my sleeping mother and banging on her hospital bedside table to her receptionist about the fact that she didn't have everything she needed. And then yelling at me about all the things I needed to do now that my mother was bed bound. She has incorrectly diagnosed my mother's pressure wound saying it was superficial and not to worry about them, when in fact it was pretty deep. The hospice doctor said he felt it was a stage 3 and possibly a stage 4. I told her about my mother's tongue having thrush but she didn't call in a prescription for her. She even agreed after looking at her tongue. She had in the past called in prescriptions for the same reason but this time she didn't. After all of this she sends me an email telling me that she is now charging a $75.00 fee to come to your house. She lives 10-15 minutes away from me. Her explanation was, plumbers and electrician charge to travel to one's house! The wonderful doctor that we now have is wonderful and was shocked when I asked if they charged a fee for traveling. Do yourself a favor and keep looking for a good doctor.