inactive

Jill R Zweig DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

June 3rd, 2013
I've been going to see Dr. Zweig for over 11 years. This is only out of sheer lack of desire to find another doctor. You would think after seeing someone for over 11 years that they would remember you or the medication you are on, but this is not the case. I have to constantly remind her of what medications I take, if I'm employed, if I'm married, etc. etc. Every time, she writes it down in her note pad, but she never seems to read this information before our meetings. Also, she's very bad about letting patients know when she is going to be gone. Like how she went on maternity leave and never told her patients that she was leaving, or that she wasn't going to refill prescriptions or give them enough time to find another doctor for future refills. If you want a doctor who will just hand you a prescription, try calling her in a few months after she has returned. I'm not sure when that will be b/c she didn't let anyone else know.

May 21st, 2013
I do NOT recommend this professional. She is borderline rude, her bedside manner is terrible. She showed no desire to even help me. I left her office empty handed, without even advice. Her demenor indicated something along the lines of "How dare you waste my time." I can see such behavior having long term negative affects on a patient who is at all timid about seeking treatment. If you are PLEASE don't choose Dr. Zweig. There ARE people out there who are professional and actually want to help you.

November 25th, 2012
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! SHE WILL MAKE YOU WORSE!
She is cold, uncaring, mean and cruel. She has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. She asks you a litany of personal questions. By the time I left there, I was bawling. I didn't even think she deserved a copay. Maybe that's why she collects them ahead of time. I'm not entirely sure she's human.

October 30th, 2012
Dr. Zweig spends far too little time with patient, doesn't listen well. Hard to talk with. Virtually no follow-up. At times doesn't even seem to recognize who you are on follow-up visits.

June 14th, 2012
She made me cry
I had been seeing this doctor for five years. Yesterday I had an appointment, but I got the time wrong, by 15 minutes. They called when I was 8 minutes late, and said I was almost there. By the time I had arrived, they had given my appointment away, and it may be as much as an hour to wait. Although frustrated, I was apologetic and decided to wait because I had taken off work. I played with the huge dog (which is a little scary). She came out of a meeting with a patient and reprimanded and admonished me for being late. She said I could wait but it might be two hours. I waited, to see if the following patient would show up on time. Unfortunately they did. Before she took in the newest arrival she said she didnt see this working out today, and I should reschedule. She was rude, condescending and made me feel terrible. She also did this in front of the administrative assistant, the patient that was on the way out and the one that had just arrived. I burst into tears as soon as she was in her office. She made me feel AWFUL for being 15 minutes late. I left the office crying. That is the first time in my life I have left the psychiatrists office in tears. My advice: stay away. I will not be seeing her again. There are enough people in the world who make me feel bad about myself, I certainly dont need my psychiatrist (who I pay) to make me feel that way.

March 22nd, 2012
she doesnt care terrible manners
she rushes me in and out, doesnt understand my issues and doesnt explain side effects of medications she prescribes. her bedside manner leaves alot to be desired. Her assistant seems overworked and acts like she cant be bothered when you come into the office or call her on the phone for any reason...

January 31st, 2012
Disappointing
She was the resident psychiatrist at Banner Health inpatient rehab when I attended. She seemed very uncaring to myself as well as other patients I knew. Once I left I was advised to follow up with her. After a month, I went to see her with my dad. We told her how well I was doing and she proceeded to ask me a bunch of yes/no questions from a questionnaire that you could probably find online. While barely talking to me at all, she decided to prescribe me, she tried to prescribe me ADHD medication because I was a teenager and couldn't focus in school. I don't think she realizes how dangerous it is to over prescribe drugs to people who don't need it. I'm also going to college right now and acing my classes.

June 7th, 2011
OH my
I would never recommend her period. I now suffer emotional and physical damage because of her. Also she violated my Hippa and doesn't even care! She also overmedicated me way to much and now I'm a physical mess. Thanks Dr. Zweig for ruining my life.

May 3rd, 2011
An abrasive, curt, egocentric, nonempathetic, self-serving
I was referred to Zweig by my psychiatrist of many years in response to my repeated requests for a referral to a doctor or therapist who could provide sufficient timeto engage in dialogue, providing insight,guidance, a modicum of emotional support, and aid in identifying the source of what I now know are fairly common debilating issues. My current Dr. rarely engaged in dialogue,often remaining silent when I voiced serious concerns and sought advice, and after years referred me to Zweig. Her consultation lasted @20 minutes, during which time she asked me @ 20 questions read from a piece of paper, most required yes/no answers. The final question asked if I had ever been abused. Don't recall if she specified a particular type. I answered Yes,truthfully. Concluding the consult with my answer, she told me she could't help me and to return to my referring doctor. No explanation, just the seeming urgency to rid me of her office. Upon leaving, I found her standing behind her receptionist. I asked then for a referral to someone who engaged in talk therapy. Reaching from behind her receptionist, she gave me a post-it on which she'd written a woman's name: no phone #, address, title, creditionals or speciality. Soon I received a bill from her for treatment (she rendered none)amounting to over $500.00! what's more she had her large dog running free in the waiting room, oblivious, or unconcerned about patients who have allergies, fears, or, like me, find the presence of a dog in a doctor's office unprofessional (and I have two dogs of my own!)This alone demonstrates a gross lack of empathy: her inability to see from the patients' perspective how her dog might be received, or her flagrant lack of consideration for that which constitutes the patients' best interest, a clear demonstration of selfisness.Who would ever seek treatment from someone tuned solely into her own wants, desires, and whims while she has no qualms regarding the disrespect of patients, both new and established. BTY, she has a "short fuse," is quickly and unreasonably irritated (e.g. if her question was not clear, necessitating her to repeat it, she demonstrated instant annoyance (this happened once during her "streamlined" interview, which, incidently, could not possibly have yielded a diagnosis, even an incorrect one due to its brevity and lack of comprehensiveness. I suspect she was a shrew in a prior life. Steer clear. There are many competent docs who can diagnose and prescribe humanely.

March 26th, 2011
Reckless and Irresponsible
She will prescribe drugs without making the effort to find out if they are actually necessary for your problem. She will prescribe drugs off label, meaning she will prescribe them for a purpose other than the manufacturer's intention. She will not give you any information of side effects of being on the drug or side effects of coming off of the drug. She seems to only care about getting you in long enough to write a prescription. Would not recommend to anyone.

January 28th, 2011
Dr. Jill Zweig is a great doctor. Friendly staff and she will do whatever she can to get you in right away.

January 27th, 2011
She did not care at all how I was doing and tried over medicating me. Extremely unprofessional and does not appear to care about her patients.