Dr. Jim Hussey DO Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

January 14th, 2016
Not a Good Long-Term Doctor
I started going to Dr. Hussey last year, and I thought he was a friendly man with a staff that was a little on the curt side. Late in the year, I came down with an infection that would not go away, and it took multiple trips to see him. Each time I went in, Dr. Hussey presented me with options of what medication I could take without explaining the differences, as if I know that answer. When I had to have tests done for a different issue, there was no follow up. His office's philosophy is no news from them is good news. He also won’t prescribe anything over the phone, even refills for something as simple as an inhaler. He’s changed his hours; when I started going, he had weekend hours and afterhours options. He does not any longer. His staff has gotten worse, and I've tried to be a good person to them. In fact, I find myself being apologetic to them because it feels like I'm inconveniencing them by asking questions about testing done one me; I’d just like to know, even if everything came back fine. Between Dr. Hussey offering to prescribe me medications for my symptoms without seeming to be really interested in the causes and his staff, I'm looking to find a new doctor, which saddens me. I'd hoped to find a doctor I could stick with for the long-term, but he's not the one.

August 4th, 2015
Have been looking for a new primary physician for the past 2 years. I found the perfect fit for me. He is interactive in conversation. Well rounded in latest standards of care and his staff shows genuine care with great follow-up!

March 1st, 2015
The Best Doctor in the World
Best doctor in the world!!! He really cares and is really honest!

January 24th, 2015
Courteous, no rush, stress free environment.
Doctor Jim Hussey cares for you as a person, not just as a patient!

July 17th, 2014
Great doctor and staff!
The office staff is extremely nice! They answer the phones immediately and do their best to accommodate my schedule. I have called on numerous occasions and have been able to be seen the same day. Doctor Hussey is very straight forward. He doesn't sugar coat, if he tells me I need to do something different in my diet and exercise regimen that will help me, he is usually right. He cares about my individual needs and concerns, he listens, he asks questions without making me feel uncomfortable. And he has referred me to specialists when I needed. He takes the extra steps to make sure his patients are taken care of! Great doctor and great staff! The people with the bad reviews must be trouble makers anyway!

April 21st, 2014
Overall Doctor Review
My relationship with my Doctor is excellent. Dr. Hussey has always been professional. Dr. Hussey has been taken care of my complex medical needs for over 3yrs. I have a trust in Dr Hussey opinion and try my best to follow his instructions .Dr.Hussey earned my respect and I sincerely believe Dr. Hussey respects me as a patient. Dr. Hussey keep up the good work.

March 17th, 2014
Very Unprofessional
My husband and I have seen Dr. Hussey for a few years and have had a few bumps along the way with billing. We were always able to resolve these little issues. However, my husband had a discrepancy with a refill for some prescriptions. My husband was told one thing by Dr. Hussey and when he tried to contact Dr. Hussey's office to get it straightened out his office staff gave him the run-a-round. Understandably my husband was upset. I have worked in the Healthcare field for over 12 years and speak with Dr's offices and hospitals on a daily basis. I contacted Dr. Hussey's office to speak with Dr. Hussey to see if I could get the correct information from Dr. Hussey to relay to my husband. The minute Dr. Hussey picked up the phone he was yelling and screaming at me and told me to come pick up my husband's file and he could find another Dr. I didn't get not one word out of my mouth. Never have I ever been treated so unprofessionally by a Healthcare practitioner. I can not believe I have referred patients as well as family member's to his office for care. I pray that he has not EVER treated his patients the way that he treated my family today.

February 25th, 2013
No great
Nothing good to say.

November 21st, 2012
Stay away
This office has gone down hill. Asked a billing question and doctor hung up after saying just don't pay it. Finding another doctor.

December 13th, 2011
An Old Patient of Dr Husseys
Saw Dr Hussey for many years for about 10 years He is The Best, Kind, Caring , loving Dr anyone could ever have . I hated to move away from Dr Hussey down here in east texas ..id sure be seeing him if he was down here id still be going to him he took very Good care of me and my Late Husband . He Called when when my Husband Died . Wonderful man ,.I miss seeing him. God Bless You Dr Hussey

September 19th, 2011
Phones
they are difficult to reach and get through...seems like the phones ring and n/a..

June 4th, 2010