Dr. James Mccarrick MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

December 16th, 2016
Brilliant physician
I am so grateful to this physician for diagnosing me with several long-term and chronic conditions. Someone finally listened to me and went forward to test and treat these complicated problems. I think having a pulminologist who is also a great internist is key to dealing with patients and their many overlapping diseases and problems. This doctor is a very calm, warm, easy going doctor who doesn't dismiss a patient because the pieces don't fit. This is one amazing doctor. I have given Dr. Mccarrick's name and telephone number to my family, friends and even people i don't know but have chatted with when say waiting in line or sitting on an airplane. I am grateful.

July 26th, 2016
Dr. McCarrick addressed issues surrounding my sleep apnea, retirement, and various medical and personal circumstances that affected my sleep patterns. He is excellent and very caring and honest. People with sleep problems need comprehensive care.

November 26th, 2015
Wonderful Physician - Life Saver
Dr. McCarrick has been my family's pulminologist for the past 15 years. He has treated us for asthma and several unusual lung infections. I'm respondi ...

September 1st, 2015
Dr. McCarrick saved my life
The title says it all. I was in the Mission Hospital Critical Care unit for a complicated pulmonary crisis. Dr. McCarrick made quick and accurate decisions and his calm and brilliant actions saved my life. He continued to follow up on me and because of him I'm fine. What more can be said about a brilliant, fast acting, abd caring doctor? Thank you Dr. McCarrick (if you read these comments). RK

August 30th, 2015
Outstanding physician
I am a retired physician having moved to Asheville from Boston several years ago. My experience with Dr. McCarrick was exemplary. He is obviously highly intelligent, an extremely thorough and astute diagnostician, and superbly competent in multiple specialties. He is board certified in four different specialties, each specialty complementing and bolstering the whole. As a physician I had made a diagnosis of my own illness. However, after consult with Dr. McCarrick I found that my diagnosis was incorrect. McCarrick had the extensive background that I lacked. His diagnosis and treatment plan were not only accurate but highly effective. I will note this is the first and likely only time I will comment on another physician, particularly online. However, I am extremely impressed with this physician. I assume the highly professional and caring manner he presented is typical of that which he provides non-physician patients. In fact I am certain of my statement given comments made by staff and waiting room patients.