Dr. Jimmy Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Houston, TX

October 9th, 2016
Mother of patient
My 16 year old son went to see him for a major break-out. Dr. Schmidt & his staff were friendly but the doctor's language - lots of cuss words- completely shocked us. How unprofessional was that??? My son got his meds, they worked, we didn't go back for a follow up.

September 13th, 2016
I agree, Dr. Schmidt knows dermatology. However, his staff is absolutely awful. I've been a patient for many years and I have seen staff come and go. The staff over the years have all been horrible. The reception area staff and nurses are always grouchy and rude. I honestly don't know why Dr. Schmidt puts up with it....they are the reason for the low rating.

March 22nd, 2016
Great service!

December 7th, 2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR
Went to the doctor about a growth on back of my arm. After waiting an hour in the exam room (talk about factory medicine), he said it was a squamous cell thing and his nurse would burn it off, which she did. No pain, and followed the printed treatment guidelines. Then on the 5th day there was pain. AND INFECTION. Sadly, the office was "short staffed" and so far no one has returned any of my 4 calls, and it is now well after their closing time. They don't give a crap about their patients. GO ELSEWHERE!

August 5th, 2015
Won't go back ONLY because of his rude office staff
Referred by our pediatrician for my 4 year old. I didn't necessarily mind Dr Schmidt - he told me what she had, told me to give her an antihistamine and told me it would go away (all this in less than 5 minutes with my 4 year old crying scared). He told me he'd call me at a later time to discuss and then, if all things, told me he wanted me to bring my daughter to a derm forum where multiple doctors meet to discuss rare thing NGOs (apparently what my daughter has is very rare) - really? You want my 4 year old to be put in front of multiple doctors for them to study her... she's screaming scared just in a room with one doc!! As we're leaving the nurse told me to give this paperwork to the lady at check out and we will schedule my daughters blood test and a follow up call from the doctor. All was ok, I was getting through this appt with as much optimism as I could until I encountered the check out lady. WILL NOT proceed with this doctor due to the rudeness of this woman. It's a shame for a doctor to have such rude people in the office. When I asked her about scheduling the blood test and the doctor calling me she said , I don't know - I wasn't in the room with you - said with a sigh of disgust. That's it, I was done. Don't talk to me like that, I'm paying you - if you can't be nice and courteous, get a different job!!!

September 29th, 2014
Extremely Rude and Unfriendly Staff
The office staff is the epitome of rude, unfriendly, curt and impersonal. They are the ones who represent the doctor and are doing an extremely poor job at that. Not sure why they even work there when they clearly don't like people. Dr. Schmidt rushed me and wouldn't even take the time to answer my questions. He said if I want to discuss things then I need to book an hour appointment. Have never heard of that in my entire life. He should at least spend 15 minutes per patient but I got about three minutes at best and was left confused and wondering what exactly my prognosis was. I think he is very educated and clearly knows his stuff but he needs to take the time to relay that to the patients and hire a new staff. The nurse in particular wouldn't even look at me, she had zero personality and was extremely aloof. Not a nice environment at all.

June 24th, 2014
Highly recommend
Fast new patient processing, close to on time appointment, fast diagnosis, fast treatment, fast payment processing. Dr. Schmidt's office is very efficient.

March 21st, 2012
I visited Dr. Schmidt for an acne problem. Treatment for acne is pretty much standard so I won't comment on that. However, two months later, I got a surprise statement asking for 53 dollars (in addition to what I paid as copay). I called his office, apparently insurance company did not pay for the injection I got for the acne, which by the way was suggested by the doctor. Now, I wasn't told about the cost of the injection and the excuse was they did not know what insurance company would pay them beforehand which sounds ridiculous since I have BlueCross Blue Shield PPO and I am sure they made the same claim with the same insurance company hundreds of times before. Nevertheless, I would understand if it was a fair amount but $53 for a simple injection is exorbitant. You would think you would get a better treatment at a doctor's office than a used car dealer.

February 5th, 2010
I have recommended many patients to Dr. Schmidt over the years. They have all said the same thing - he is the best Dermatologist they have ever seen.

September 30th, 2008
Dr.Schmidt is an excellent Dermatologist! I would Highly recommend him.