Dr. Jimmy Turnage MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 26th, 2016
Dr Furnace is disorganized and difficult to contact. He was unable to control my wife's blood sugar and blood pressure. Failed to withhold Hepirin after my wife was discharged to her nursing home after a GI bleed. She almost bleed to death a day later. His office is not handicap accessible.

March 17th, 2015
The clinic didn't feel clean, staff was rude and acted like I was inconveniencing them and Dr. Turnage went off on some philosophical ideas/eastern medicine mantra. I loved the idea that he was holistic, but I got such a weird vibe that I will look for another type of functional medicine Dr. Would not recommend this place

March 10th, 2013
I had to wait for 2 hours for my appointment..I walked out and will not make another appointment

July 10th, 2012
A loyal patient for years.
I've been a patient for over 10yrs. Never had a doctor like Jim Turnage. If it wasn't for his through examination I would not be here today. I had a concussion after a fall, he saw me immediately and sent me to have an MRI. He discovered I had a brain tumor and sent me to another great doctor. With Dr.Jim Turnage's helped me look up the qualifications of the surgeon and I had the tumor removed. When the tumor was be removed and aneurism was found and removed. He has been there for my husband and I not only as a great doctor but for the support we needed just to get by in everyday problems. I do not like taking medicines and would rather take homeopathic medicines or herbs because of all the horrible side affects I've experienced in the past years given to me by other doctors that have pushed pills on me and pushed me out of their office withing 3 minutes. My daughter was born with permanent damage to her fingers and toes because of the negligence of the past doctors giving me the medication and not telling me the side affects. Dr, Jim Turnage has spent over an hour explaining medical problems and how to treat them. All I can say is Thank You Dr. Turnage I'm glad you became a doctor. Sharp needs more doctors like you. You need to teach other doctors how to be doctors, they've been doctors so long they need to get off the pedestals and realize they are only human. They need to treat patients the was they would want to be treated instead of looking down on them and spending a short time with them. The shorter time they spend with their patients the worst treatment and the more lawsuits. Learn for Dr, Turnage he great with patients of all ages and a wonderful person. My whole family thanks you.

April 17th, 2012
A good doctor should know that an X-Ray wont show other than bones, this "Dr" sent me to do some X-Ray when what I need it was an MRI scan. I changed doctors after my first visit, and the first thing my new doctor did and recommended was an MRI. I don't recommend this... guy.

December 12th, 2011
Severe mis diagnosis
Dr. Turnage continuously mis diagnosed a patient who had cancer by actually first refusing a patients request to have an x ray taken. He followed that brilliant performance by prescribing cough medicine 3 times(3 months), then decided that the patients persistent cough with the presence of blood was tuberculosis so sent him for tests for that they came up negative. So after 3 months of incompetence the patient is finally allowed to have his x ray taken which illustrated the presence of lung cancer. At that point the patient no longer had the option of having his cancer treated because he was told his cancer had progressed in the past 3 months. Dr. Turnage should have his license revoked immediately and I suggest that if anyone would like to stay alive they would never consider treatment by Dr. Turnage.

September 14th, 2010
good dr/needs better staff
Dr.Turnage has been our family doctor for the past 10 years or so. He is a good and caring doctor but he has a consistent histoy of unprofessional staff that frankly make me feel like changing doctors every single time.Nevertheless we have stay with him and he's been there for us during several health crisis.Overall He is worth the minor inconviniences but I still hope that some day soon I will walk in and find well mannered professional people working there.-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

May 10th, 2010
Best Doctor we have ever incured
my husband is a Diabetic and had a callus become infected from a prior doctor of Podiatry scraped it. It became a Septic and Staph infection with it reaching the bone.Dr. Turnage saved his foot and administered such great care and concern for my husbands health and well-being.Dr. Turnage has now become "OUR" family and primary doctor.