Dr. Jin-Hee Kim Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jin-Hee Kim?

September 10th, 2015

Not at all what I expected

My complaint? Burning & aching bladder & urethra lasting 3 months. Dr. Kim did a vaginal exam and proclaimed that I was "impacted." Fact was I had simply not had a bowel movement that morning. (I saw her late morning or early p.m.) She put on a huge attitude about this (?!?). She asked me again to describe the discomfort I felt and so I did. She questioned my credibility. By this I mean that she did not believe me when I told her my urethra burned. She made a remark to the effect that I coud not tell the difference between my urethra and opening to my vagaina (!!!). I am 68, worked in healthcare nearly my entire life, which included as a nurse part of that time: believe me, I know my anatomy. However, Dr. Kim and her PA would have none of it. She did not order a UA, which I still feel was more than a mis-step on her part. I was given an rx for an estogen cream and phenazopyridine. Dr. Kim made a dash for the door at this point and I said, "What a second. How long before I can expect results from the Extrace cream?" The PA, who was 3/4 of the way out the door (Dr. Kim was long gone) said with smirk on her face, "Oh, about 3 or 4 months." And with that, she shut the door. I have NEVER been so insulted by a "physician" and "assistant" in my life and have not returned. I now have a new physician who doesn't pile on attitude and disgust.

March 11th, 2009

Still being seen by Dr Kim. However I am researching another doctor. We will see.

July 17th, 2008

Excellent bedside manner; highly respected in her field

Dr. Kim is has a nice professional demeanor, and is respectful and engaged. In addition, she came highly recommended by another urologist, which would indicate she is respected in her field. I would very much like to recommend her. You may have to grit your teeth a little at the front desk, though, as the receptionist is not very personable. She wouldn't be my choice for a "front" person.

September 29th, 2017