Family Physicians

Terra Vista
7777 Milliken Ave
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
909-948-7590
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Dr Kim and his staff are courteous, professional and fun to listen to from the waiting room...  |  show details
by Dave on Feb 3rd, 2014

I found Dr Kim after I brokeup with Kaiser as my insurer and was pleasantly surprised from day one. His staff act like a family and are enjoyable to be around and listen to from the waiting room. What I appreciate most about Dr. Kim over the past few years is that he actually cares as isnt afraid to give you constructive feedback if he thinks you are doing things that are not in your healths best interest, or if he feels you are relying too much on a medication or trying to get more of something that you really dont need. I appreciate a doctor who really speaks his mind, has an honest interest in my health and is not afraid to tell me if he has a problem with anything Im doing or suggesting. Many doctors will look at you for 10 seconds and basically ask you what you want as if you were ordering from a fast food menu... but not here. Many times we go back and forth on various ideas on solving my health issues at that time and come up with mutually agreeable plans. He really takes his work and your health seriously. Also, as a side note, Dr Kim is a Christian and I believe most of his staff are Christians (and/or Catholics if you consider them separate for some weird reason) and have a prayer box you can anon put prayer requests in which I thought was a fantastic touch for families who may have problems beyond just their health. I have had in depth discussions about my faith with Dr.Kim during my appointments and how it relates to my health and that was very helpful to me at the time, and pretty much sealed me with this doctor until he retires. But for those who are not of any faith, he does not push it or discuss it unless you bring it up to him, so dont be wary. Hope this review helped.

|  Love this Dr!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Sep 27th, 2013

I love Dr. Kim. He treats me for opiate addiction. Of the many times he could have written me off and told me to go fly a kite and get out of his office, he hasn't. He has worked with me through thick and thin, ups and downs, and everything in-between. Even better he doesn't take advantage of how much he charges for this service (as do 99% of doctors that provide this service do). He will call you out on your BS, but also follow it up with kindness. He's non judgmental. He doesn't order unnecessary tests to bulge his bank account - when he knows he very well could. The ONLY downside is the wait time. It can get long. But that's a small price to pay. Ohhh.... his staff! All the nurses/receptionists are oh-so-friendly. Thank you, Dr. Kim!

|  Patient  |  show details
by John on Apr 7th, 2013

I like Dr. Kim a lot, but appointment time is that time or just a bit after. Ive been going here for over15 years and the times when your scheduled are getting longer and longer from the set time. For instances if your appt time is 2pm, and you arrive 10 minutes early, you will still wait a least one hour to see Dr. Kim. That is ridiculous to say the least.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

I appreciate the effort the Doctor and staff gives, particularly in getting insurance authorization and making all that work. It's one of the better office's I've been to.

|  Best Doc Ever  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

If you want a doctor who cares about you, your family and your concerns, then this is definitly the doctor for you. I couldn't be any happier with him and his staff. I can honestly say that they know my family and I on a true personal level. I have never been dissatisfied with him or his staff. I love going to see him because he always puts a smile on everyones face, as a nice ice breaker he sings his silly tunes and makes you feel right at home. not only does he ask how you are feeling, but when he asks you how you are actually doing, he is really asking with tenativeness. I will never change my doctor. I having a baby so temporarily I will have to see another doctor but I will be back in no time... thank you doctor kim and the wonderful staff you have!!! =)

|  BE ADVISED WITH THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

My husband and I went to him for awhile and I still upset with myself that we did. After begging him to give my husband and MRI after his repeated attempts to tell us he's having anxiety attacks and take 5 different depression med, we come to find out he has brain cancer. He even got the results of his MRI that night and did not notify us for 8 days. This is a horrible doctor and needs his licensed revoked.

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

Dr. Kim has been my primary doctor for several years. I first met Dr. Kim in the urgent care having chronic episodes of bronchitis. He was one of the first doctors that actually knew how to handle my multiple allergies/asthma/bronchitis episodes after I moved to the area from Orange County. After Dr. Kim left the urgent care and opened his own practice/office I became a regular patient. I like Dr. Kim for the fact he listens to my input, I know more about allergies, breathing problems and bronchitis than most doctors. If you are a good communicator about your needs/symptoms etc., Dr. Kim responds accordingly. When I have more than routine needs; I use a specialist. Of the specialists that Dr. Kim has ever reccomended, all have been excellent in their abilities and bedside manner.

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
by Upset Mother on Mar 8th, 2011

I took my daughter here to get her kindergarten shots and it was a HORRIBLE experience! We had to wait 1 hour thirty minutes in the waiting room and another thirty minutes in the room. We told them ahead of time that we were coming to get shots and the assured us that they had them available. Well guess what, they didn't have two of the shots and Dr. Kim joked about having to borrow them from another Dr. in the building. The doctor wandered around the office singing and rubbed my back when he came into the room which was quite awkward since I had never met him before. The nurse who gave my daughter the shots was obviously not experienced in giving children shots. My daughter is skinny (31 pounds at 5 years) and she proceeded to give the shots to her in her little arm even after I asked if they could be given to her in her leg. Then she put the needle in sooooo slow and my daughter who usually does fairly well with shots was screaming. The crazy nurse then told my daughter to watch the needle go into her arm and it would be better. Is she for real? Who tells a five year old who is already screaming to watch a needle go into her arm!?!? I should have walked out but I needed to get the shots done so I could register her for kindergarten. I will NEVER go back to that looney office EVER again!!!

|  Wonderful doctor and staff  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Kim in 2003. He is a wonderful caring doctor. His staff is professional and helpful.

|  Rushed  |  show details
by John on Aug 28th, 2009

Did not help resolve my concerns... def. felt rushed. will not recommend to family and friends and I am not going back there myself.