Dr. Jin Kim MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Rancho Cucamonga, CA

3.9

May 31st, 2016
I've seen Dr. Kim for years and loved his easy going manner. He spends so much time with you explaining everything to where you can understand. I highly recommend him.

March 22nd, 2016
Dr. Jin Kim is an extraordinarily talented dental professional. Two thumbs way up for his thorough and amazing techniques! By far one of the best dentist you'll ever encounter.

March 4th, 2016
Not for anyone with real medical problems
Expect long waits in the waiting and exam rooms due to Dr. Kim's need to fraternize with pharma reps and church buddies. Expect exorbitantly long waits (weeks and weeks for something that should only take a few minutes) before his office bothers to handle a pre-auth to your insurance company (which they approve or deny ALWAYS within a day). Expect Dr. Kim not to give a rat's bum about your problems, so also expect to be very forceful about getting the care you need. Don't let his seemingly friendly personality get you fooled because he's probably only like that because he's high on something. (Sure seems that way if he isn't) Don't expect any help from the staff either -- they're useless. If you're not comfortable with being VERY assertive about what you want, and if you aren't willing to educate yourself (aka do the doctor's job) before you come in, I'd avoid him. If you have any major medical problems, avoid him, unless you're fine with getting a prescription (which you'll have to research and choose on your own), which will mask the symptoms and bring you inevitably back to his office for another looooong wait caused, again, by his unprofessional need to spend FAR too much time fraternizing with pharma reps. The walls are thin, so go have a listen for yourself sometime. If it isn't the pharma reps it's him leading a long prayer.

September 28th, 2015
Office phone appointments are next to impossible to get . I once had to physically drive to the office and found 3 girls, none of whom were on a phone to answer calls. Dr Kim is outstanding. Office gets an F.

July 19th, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Kim for over 10 years now. He has helped me through a long list of medical issues. He always takes the time to sit with me to figure out what exactly is going on. There have been many times where I have waited to see him longer than I would have liked, but I try to keep in mind that he gives every patient the attention that they need at the time that they need it. There have been times where my visits have gone much longer than anticipated, but Dr. Kim did not want to rush through and was so appreciative. So, I am patient with his time with his other patients. His team has always been wonderful, kind and thoughtful.

February 16th, 2015
Get a new Doctor
Awful wait Treats male patients better Just types on laptop...ever heard of an exam?????

February 3rd, 2014
Dr Kim and his staff are courteous, professional and fun to listen to from the waiting room...
I found Dr Kim after I brokeup with Kaiser as my insurer and was pleasantly surprised from day one. His staff act like a family and are enjoyable to be around and listen to from the waiting room. What I appreciate most about Dr. Kim over the past few years is that he actually cares as isnt afraid to give you constructive feedback if he thinks you are doing things that are not in your healths best interest, or if he feels you are relying too much on a medication or trying to get more of something that you really dont need. I appreciate a doctor who really speaks his mind, has an honest interest in my health and is not afraid to tell me if he has a problem with anything Im doing or suggesting. Many doctors will look at you for 10 seconds and basically ask you what you want as if you were ordering from a fast food menu... but not here. Many times we go back and forth on various ideas on solving my health issues at that time and come up with mutually agreeable plans. He really takes his work and your health seriously. Also, as a side note, Dr Kim is a Christian and I believe most of his staff are Christians (and/or Catholics if you consider them separate for some weird reason) and have a prayer box you can anon put prayer requests in which I thought was a fantastic touch for families who may have problems beyond just their health. I have had in depth discussions about my faith with Dr.Kim during my appointments and how it relates to my health and that was very helpful to me at the time, and pretty much sealed me with this doctor until he retires. But for those who are not of any faith, he does not push it or discuss it unless you bring it up to him, so dont be wary. Hope this review helped.

April 7th, 2013
Patient
I like Dr. Kim a lot, but appointment time is that time or just a bit after. Ive been going here for over15 years and the times when your scheduled are getting longer and longer from the set time. For instances if your appt time is 2pm, and you arrive 10 minutes early, you will still wait a least one hour to see Dr. Kim. That is ridiculous to say the least.

November 28th, 2012
Good Doctor
I appreciate the effort the Doctor and staff gives, particularly in getting insurance authorization and making all that work. It's one of the better office's I've been to.

May 22nd, 2012
Best Doc Ever
If you want a doctor who cares about you, your family and your concerns, then this is definitly the doctor for you. I couldn't be any happier with him and his staff. I can honestly say that they know my family and I on a true personal level. I have never been dissatisfied with him or his staff. I love going to see him because he always puts a smile on everyones face, as a nice ice breaker he sings his silly tunes and makes you feel right at home. not only does he ask how you are feeling, but when he asks you how you are actually doing, he is really asking with tenativeness. I will never change my doctor. I having a baby so temporarily I will have to see another doctor but I will be back in no time... thank you doctor kim and the wonderful staff you have!!! =)

July 6th, 2011
BE ADVISED WITH THIS DOCTOR
My husband and I went to him for awhile and I still upset with myself that we did. After begging him to give my husband and MRI after his repeated attempts to tell us he's having anxiety attacks and take 5 different depression med, we come to find out he has brain cancer. He even got the results of his MRI that night and did not notify us for 8 days. This is a horrible doctor and needs his licensed revoked.

April 21st, 2011
Excellent Care
Dr. Kim has been my primary doctor for several years. I first met Dr. Kim in the urgent care having chronic episodes of bronchitis. He was one of the first doctors that actually knew how to handle my multiple allergies/asthma/bronchitis episodes after I moved to the area from Orange County. After Dr. Kim left the urgent care and opened his own practice/office I became a regular patient. I like Dr. Kim for the fact he listens to my input, I know more about allergies, breathing problems and bronchitis than most doctors. If you are a good communicator about your needs/symptoms etc., Dr. Kim responds accordingly. When I have more than routine needs; I use a specialist. Of the specialists that Dr. Kim has ever reccomended, all have been excellent in their abilities and bedside manner.