1.5

Oct 23rd, 2015

Ridiculous medical advice that sounds like it was given by a mean cheerlwader rather than a medical professional.

Oct 23rd, 2015

If you have any mental health conditions, or neurological, or generally any invisible disability, don't go to this practice. I first met Dr. Shin shortly after my daughter was born. At this time I was of average weight and simply going in for post part in care. She was kind and I liked her. 2 years later I return for something else, and the woman left me leaving the office in such a state that I almost took myself to the hospital. She shamed me for gaining weight, ignoring the likelihood that the weight gain was due to other medical conditions. She told me to cry myself to sleep with hunger if I had to in order to lose weight. She told me that she understands I have many responsibilities but that other people do too and they do it. These are NOT things you tell patients. This is NOT constructive advice. This is NOT what you tell patients who have documented instances of depression in their files. This woman's condescension, fat phobia, and disregard for psychological issues has potential to push someone over the edge. She is the terrible friend who believes that mental illness and neurodivergence can be overcome by willpower. She put me in such a terrible state that I couldn't speak for several hours after my appointment. But if you're thin, and you have no psychological issues whatsoever, you should be safe.

Sep 25th, 2015

I agree with all the above comments. I thought it was just me, but she does not listen to any of your concerns because she is so busy talking and trying to prove her knowledge instead of focusing on the patients care.

Aug 20th, 2015

An EXCELLENT doctor.

Mar 3rd, 2015

The worse OBGYN doc ever met. She can be extremely rude and keeps talking without even listening to your concerns first. She has no warmth in her to treat her pregnant patients. See any doc in greenbriar obgyn but her.

Detached, robotic show details Detached, robotic
by Cynthia Carter-Lee on Apr 17th, 2014

I've waited a while to write this review because I wanted to be certain. I've also waited too long to schedule a follow up because of my experience. I found Dr. Shin to be extremely detached, almost robotic, even sterile. I felt absolutely no connection. I don't think it speaks to her professional abilities, but I found it hard to even think about because we didn't connect. I'm pretty sure I'll see another doctor in that practice when I go back.

Jiyeon Shin, MD worse experience show details Jiyeon Shin, MD worse experience
by Mom on Mar 4th, 2014

I felt like idiot after I had appointment with her. She is so unsympathetic like a specialist. Keep you far away from this doctor. I would not recommend Dr. Shin to anyone.

too busy to be good show details too busy to be good
Oct 8th, 2013

This office is too busy, you as a patient won't get the care you deserve. They ask you questions like: 'What's the matter, you need to go to the ER?' for wanting to talk to the doctor or nurse. If you think this is normal, maybe this is the right office for you. If not, avoid. Also you get diagnosis without any tests done.

Stay away from Dr Shin show details Stay away from Dr Shin
May 16th, 2012

Dr Shin is over confident and diagnose over the phone. She refused to see me at the office and made me suffer for months. She even doesn't know proper treatment. Stay away from this doctor if you don't want to suffer.

Terrible Bedside Manner show details Terrible Bedside Manner
Feb 15th, 2011

Dr. Shin is inexperienced at answering questions and will make you feel like you are wasting her time. Google her name and find reviews saying similar things about how uncaring she comes off. She is condescending and will make you feel like an idiot for asking questions. She would not allow us a minute to discuss all this new found information. Instead she checked her watch and said please hurry up and sign these forms. We left and did not complete the visit since my wife and I were so upset in Dr. Shin's attitude and desire to move us along without addressing questions.Avoid Dr. Shin until she learns how to deal in a caring fashion.