Dr. Jo-An Segui DO Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Frankfort, IL

2.0

December 9th, 2013
Very Condescending.
This woman had a very condescending and judgmental tone about her the entire time. This was my first visit with her because I just switched to this practice from my last place. First off, I waited for 30-40 minutes with two toddlers, a 13 month old and 30 month old. When she finally walked in the room, she seemed annoyed because I was playing music on my iPhone to try to entertain them with dancing. They were about to lose it being cooped up and waiting so long. There were NO toys in the actual room, only the waiting room, which was just a single room, no separate well and sick waiting areas. I had my mothers helper with me, and she rudely asked "which ones the mom?" She then starts with my daughter, 2 1/2, and as she is examining my daughter she pointed out a scratch ( from our cat) and a bruise on her leg. She asked me how she got it. Really!? Are you kidding me? She is two and her and her brother rough house and play together. I have never had a pediatrician ask me about a bruise before and neither has anyone I talked to! It seemed really weird that she even brought that up. And I had concerns with some sensory issues with clothing needing to be tight and all the way down to her ankles, and I also pointed out that she won't wear dresses because she needs tight fitting clothing. So her response was "well some girls just don't like dresses". Thank you for that very intelligent insight lady. I'm not a tutu, hair in bow pushing kind of mom, I just want my kids to be COMFORTABLE in their clothes. She was so condescending and did not take me seriously about my sensory concerns. She is obviously not educated in sensory processing disorders and has not read the research., this was clear when she wrote in her diagnoses for the day as *unspecified disturbance of conduct. This is NOT a behavioral problem! She wrote on the prescription for OT, that I had asked for: DX: Behavioral problem. She is clearly not taking the WHOLE child into consideration. And this is why I cannot trust her as my pediatrician. She was really trying to push vaccinations on me when I already stated before I came there that I don't do them and if this is a problem, I just won't come. They assured me it wouldn't be an issue, i would just have to sign a waiver. She of course used her fear and guilt tactics, by saying I'm putting my kids at risk for serious illness and other children. Why am I putting other children at risk? If they are vaccinated why would I be putting them at risk? Why would she or other parents blame those who don't vaccinate for putting their child at risk because #1 if you vaccinated then your child should be safe anyways, right?? I'm not going to get into my reasons here, but it is my choice and she needs to back off! I'm paying her right? I didn't realize just how rude she was until I left or I would have said something. I was so busy dealing with my very cranky and active 1 year old that I couldn't process just how condescending she really was till I left. And my mothers helper was the one who said something to me about it first when we left. There were several other line stepping things she did, like being super nosey and asking my mothers helper how many days a week she works. Uh, none of your business! Terrible, terrible doctor, even worse bedside manner and just not a nice person in general.

September 1st, 2013
MT (ASCP)
This lady tells me my daughter has contact dermatitis, allergic reaction, etc., but treats her for friggin cradle cap. So now we're pumping a two month old full of Benadryl and smearing hydrocortisone all over her face, and it's not getting better. Turns out it was a milk protein allergy. These Dr's are easy to get into see, but what's the point if they suck?