Dr. Jo Pelfrey MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2013
had similar situation stated by first commenter with Dr. P terminating me as a pt . Several times she canceled appt's I had made for personal reasons which was fine but when I had to resched. several times due to chronic debilitating condition, she terminated me as a pt.

November 28th, 2012
I have beeen a patient of Dr. Pelfreys for 18 years. She has always spent time with me and a pleasure to visit. I fell down the stairs last month and needed stitches and rehab so I was unable to work for about a month. Two weeks into this injury Dr. Pelfrey orders sterioids. Unfortunately I had a very severe reaction with anxiety and had to go to the ER. She was unable to see me. The only person I was able to talk to was her assistant Jonie. She was so rude to me. Told me Dr. Pelfrey would increase my antianxiety med for 4 days, then" I had to get my act together." She was angry to handle my FMLA or short term disability. She would raise her voice to me and make me feel guilty I was feeling so bad. I finally received some help from a family friend that was a doctor- Thank God for that angel. Just when I was starting to feel better and back to work I get a letter on Thanksgiving that she has terminated me as a patient. Stated no explanation was required by law. The sadest part is she also terminated my daughter who just turned 18 and was diagnosed with pernicious anemia and vitamine D deficiency by her a couple of months ago. Her lab test were canceled for next week. I always thought she was a caring doctor. We had a good doctor/patient relationship. I think I deserve an explanation, but it take 6 months just to see her. I believe she was at her prime 10-15 years ago and has been steadily declining. She only works part time at the office and manages an extended nursing facility. She basically has her office aides run her office and then at the end of the day she will call in a prescsription without even examining you. I have been a nurse for 30 years and trust me I can see a doctor's decline a mile away. Be careful. A patient deserves a doctor that will see them more than 2 times a year if need be. She did me a favor and will be finding a new family doctor that still cares and hasn't "bitten off more than she can chew."

August 13th, 2012
Friendly

September 22nd, 2011
Dr Pelfrey only works 3 days a week, so it'sdifficult to make a appt between sched. appt's. Lab reports don't seem to be read promptly, even if something is wrong, patientdoes not get a call and has to wait for next appt to find out what the results were. DrPelfrey is friendly and knowledgeable. Theoffice staff lack the same.

August 31st, 2011
Super Dr. who listens and gives you her time, she's not a rush in and out physician. Staff not so helpful and scheduling return appts can take some time. Trying to get in to see her in between those scheduled appts is near impossible. Also waiting time in the waiting room can be lengthy.

September 22nd, 2008
Dr Pelfrey Cares
Dr Pelfrey really cares about her patients. I have diabeties and she stays on top of my problems and makes sure she is doing all she can for me. I know she is alway behind schedule for my appointment, but I know that is because she never rushes anybody, she will always make sure she has taking care of everyone's concerns.

April 6th, 2015