Dr. Joachim Tenuta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joachim Tenuta?

Posted on June 23rd, 2016

very friendly. thorough and good listener as well

Heartless, greedy, unprofessional

Posted on July 1st, 2015

Dr. Tenuta makes a decent first impression: he will shake your hand, looking straight into your eyes. And then he stops listening. I had three visits with him. Decide yourself whether you should seek care from this person: First visit: Broken left ankle (from the day before), and the right ankle (broken 3 years ago). Few months before the visit, I started to have episodes of unbearable pain in the right ankle, coming out of nowhere. I scream, I can't walk. I start telling all this to dr. Tenuta. He doesn't want to deal with the right ankle:-"first, let's take care of the recently broken one. He sends me for an X-ray for just the left one. Total time spent with me - 5 min. Charge -around $600. Second visit - a month later : left ankle (broken a month ago) is fine. Now I get both ankles x-rayed. Dr. Tenuta declares that "everything looks great". I complain about the sharp pain in the right ankle - he sends me for physical therapy. Total time spent with me - 3 min. I know that in the case when the sharp pain in the joint broken 3 years ago starts to come out of nowhere without any apparent cause, physical therapy doesn't make sense. But the doctor doesn't listen - he is in a rush. Physical therapy made the pain worse. The ankle is now swollen more than before. A month is lost. The physical therapist wrote a long letter to dr Tenuta, explaining that PT is not a solution. She suggests an MRI. Visit 3: Dr Tenuta looks me in the eyes, shakes my hand. He didn't read the notes from my physical therapist, so I have to explain everything myself. The end of a 2- minute visit: "I have no idea what's wrong with you. I am going to send you to an ankle specialist. Goodbye" The charge - regular office visit. I objected to the charge, even though I didn't have to pay personally. The receptionist talked to the manager and to dr Tenuta - they insisted on it. I have been to four doctors at Capital Region Orthopedics over the years. The general impression of this office : it's all about money, money and money. Patients are the last thing they care about. No one listens, no one cares. Maybe I was unlucky - you judge.

Professional, knowledgeable and motivator

Posted on September 24th, 2012

Dr. Tenuta quickly and accurately diagnosed my orthepedic issue and provided a straight forward no nonsense course of action. Office visits and out patient surgery were done in a timely and professional manner. Highly recommended.

Posted on January 29th, 2017