A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan Abernethy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Abernethy, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon, is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abernethy
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Abernethy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Abernethy, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernethy graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Abernethy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Harris Methodist H E B
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan Lea Abernethy MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joan L. Abernethy practice?
- Dr. Joan Abernethy has 4 office locations.
Dr. Joan Abernethy practices Ophthalmology near Fort Worth, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Dallas, TX and Greenville, TX.
See Fort Worth Ophthalmologists.