A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan Abernethy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Abernethy, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon, is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abernethy
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Abernethy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Abernethy, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernethy graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Abernethy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Harris Methodist H E B
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan Lea Abernethy MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joan L. Abernethy practice?
- Dr. Joan Abernethy has 1 office location.
Dr. Joan Abernethy practices Ophthalmology near Fort Worth, TX.
See Fort Worth Ophthalmologists.