A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan Abernethy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Abernethy, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon, is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Abernethy, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernethy graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Abernethy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Harris Methodist H E B
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abernethy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joan L. Abernethy practice?
Dr. Joan Abernethy practices Ophthalmology near Fort Worth, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Dallas, TX and Greenville, TX.
See Fort Worth Ophthalmologists.