Dr. Joan Bailey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joan Bailey?

February 27th, 2017

At your own risk

I waited months to see her. I never met a Dr that was more apathetic towards her patients. Nor does she care how her staff treats her patients. Right diagnosis, wrong dosage. Wound up in emergency room in seizures. They didn't bother calling her. They called a different random Endocrinologists for advice instead. I won't go back. One of her employees yelled at me for not getting my labs done. Im the one who called and asked them why they never set them up and I get yelled at! I found a new fantastic Endo who took me in immediately because my condition could be deadly. Save yourself. Go see someone who cares.

March 9th, 2016

Mrs

Very thorough and takes time not to only listen to me but also to explain in detail in layman terms.

July 10th, 2015

Wonderful doctor but hard to get an appointment to see her.

Dr. Bailey is an excellent physician, with a good listening ear and outstanding diagnostic skills. The only problem is, she's booked out for 6 to 8 months in advance, so it's hard to get in to see her for acute problems. There is a cancellation list, and her staff will phone if there's an opening. I've been told that she's not accepting new patients.

December 29th, 2014

She called me on the phone to tell me I have cancer

I was a patient for 5 years and Dr. Bailey was following some thyroid nodules I've had for years. She accurately diagnosed me with thyroid cancer but she called me on the phone to tell me I had cancer and gave me instructions on what to do and who to see (surgeon, radioactive iodine treatment, etc). I got a 2nd and 3rd opinion on radioactive iodine treatment and both endocrinologists said I didn't need it. So her diagnosis was accurate but her treatment plan was inaccurate. She seems to have a lot on her mind and it seemed to me that she is thinking about other things during the office visit.

November 14th, 2013

I found Dr. Bailey to be excellent in her treatment. She seems quite competent and a fine person. I've had to drop her, however, due to the rudeness, incompetence and sometimes downright lying of her front office and supporting staff.

October 15th, 2013

Horrible!

Unfortunately it has came to writing a negative review on Bailey, which I never write a bad one...until now! I had an appt. last week with her let start of in order; •My appt. was at 1:30, she walked in at 3(after I came out to see what the hold up was!) •Not at all prepared for my visit!!! •Asked me questions that as a Doc who has been seeing me for 8 years should already know!! •asked me when my last labs where & if I had recent, my answer was "Did you request any" •I was started on a new Med, asked to be started on the LOWEST dose & work my way up, she agreed-however did she follow through....NO! I was so sick from Thursday-Sunday!! Called the Doc on call he said my dose was to high and to take 1/2 of what she prescribed me!!!!! I called first thing Monday morning with my questions & concerns...today is Tuesday & nothing from her Office!!! I would LOVE to never walk into her office again!! Total joke & her staff is not good at all, only good one is Her M.A!!! Horrible experience for a very im

July 2nd, 2013

Takes too long

Not only is it difficult to get an appointment within 90 days, but expect to wait in the office for over an hour to see her once you do.

March 26th, 2013

Dr. Bailey has helped me take control of my diabetes like no doctor I ever had before I meet her 8 years ago. It is tough to get an apointment and her wait times can be long, but she equalizes this with the time she spends with me. Sometimes she will spend 30 minutes with me, unheard of in this day! I scheduale my appointments up to a year in advance to avoid waiting 3 months to see her. I would recomend her everytime!

October 17th, 2012

Like the Doctor, HATE the waiting!!!

I've been seeing Dr. Bailey a little more than a year now. I think that Dr. Bailey does a good job at managing my diabetes. My main reason for leaving a review and only giving 2 stars is because the way the office is managed is VERY POOR!!!I normally see Dr. Bailey every 3 months, but since I'm pregnant now, I need to see her every month. I schedule my appointments months in advance, am never late and don't reschedule. Yet, I have never waited less than 1.5 hours to see the doctor, often more than 2 hours. I think that this wait time is rediculous and the fact that it continues even though I have complained to the doctor and staff shows a disrespect to me, as the patient and customer.I wear an insulin pump and the doctor wants to see reports every week while I am pregnant. I could easily download these reports at home and email her the results; however, her office will not accept emails. So I would be forced to print out the pages and drive to an Office Max (or similar) and pay to fax my reports. Honestly, in this day, unless you work in an office setting, who uses a fax machine? The doctors office is on my way to/from work, so it is easiest to just stop in and download my pump...or at least it should be!I always call ahead to make sure someone is there and able to download my pump. I ask on the phone, "is now a good time? I need to be able to just stop in and hand you my pump to download and then be on my way." I'm always told that "yes, now is a good time." But still, I have to sit there and wait, and wait and wait. Today I waited 25 minutes for the receptionist to download my pump...it should take a maximum of 5 minutes.I did make my concerns made to the receptionist who told me they were very busy. Well, I'm very busy too!I like Dr. Bailey, but really DO NOT like how her office is run. I've looked into other Endocrinologists, but most have a waiting list longer than a year for new patients. Perhaps that's why there is no concern for customer satisfaction?

July 11th, 2012

lots of issues

2 hour wait time for appt. Staff is rude and not efficient or timely. Doctor does not follow-up on details of your case, over worked and over loaded. It takes very long to get anything done with this office, and they make errors (like on lab tests, etc.).

July 24th, 2011

I first met with Dr. Bailey following a diagnosis of a pituitary adenoma. She has followed me since surgery for that condition in 2005. I have found her to be highly knowledgeable, easly to approach with questions and to answer them in detail. Her thoroughness in pursuing other aspects of my overall health has been outstanding.

June 14th, 2011

Her appointements are consistently significantly behind schedule.