Dr. Joan Calinisan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2015
The Staff is horrible
While the Dr's are very professional, the staff needs some work. Phone messages are not returned. The have no customer service skills, not professional or friendly. They are the first impression of the office and the Dr's. And it is not good at all. Right up to the Office Manager! The Dr's need to wake up and smell the stink! Change your staff.

July 22nd, 2015
I saw dr. Calinisan for an annual exam last year and she was professional and pleasant. This week I called with a concern (somewhat urgent not emergency) and wanted to be seen. I was told no appointments til September! They could check on working me in during an on call day but that was a "you might be seen, you might not" situation. I totally get that deliveries take priority, but I was shocked to learn they do not have space for urgent appointments. Not acceptable!! And I haven't even gotten a call back to set that maybe appointment. This office needs to get their act together...too many patients apparently. I called my former ob/gyn in San Diego and was given an appointment in 2 days. That is called good patient care.

March 7th, 2013
Would consider getting pregnant again just to have a great dr treat/care for me...she truly is a great doctor to have which is hard to find these days.

May 15th, 2012
They'll waste your time and money!
Waited 90min for the doctor to tell me to come back in 2weeks. They did NOTHING to help, offered no advice, and were useless as medical healthcare providers. I do NOT recommend using them as an OB or Gyn provider.

April 1st, 2010
very caring...
Calinisan is very helpful and caring. She asks every visit if I have questions and how I'm doing. The entire staff has been kind and tries to get you in on time. I've been beyond satisfied with all my prenatal visits. When there was a slight issue, she sent me to a specialist to just be very thorough. It's rare to kind a cautious, helpful doctor when the issue was not a huge problem. Highly recommended!!!