Dr. Joan Cantero-Lakhanpal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joan Cantero-Lakhanpal?

Birth Control

Birth Control

Have you seen Dr. Joan Cantero-Lakhanpal?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 13th, 2016

always thorough and patient. thoughtful explainations

October 25th, 2016

Wonderful caring physician

We were all on edge about my 93 year old mother's lab tests -- thyroid problem. Dr. Cantero immediately put us at ease. We have been to quite a few physicians recently with Mom -- Dr. Cantero has the absolute best bedside manner of all. She spent time with us -- we didn't feel like we were being rushed -- usual in this day and age. Thanks goodness I don't have an endocrinological problem -- but if I did there is no question who I would go to. She may have the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen.

September 2nd, 2015

Would NOT recommend

The doctor seemed annoyed by questions, didn't seem to take my issues seriously... and I felt blown off. She was very abrupt acting

August 29th, 2015

she saw me for 20 minutes as a NEW patient and proceeded to take me off my meds without any history and insist i try her system. After getting sick on her regimen I had no follow -up and am going to see another dr.

June 18th, 2015

extremely rude and not caring. will not go back or recommend

May 7th, 2015

Scary

The only reason I stayed with Annapolis Endocrinology for as long as I did is because I saw Dr. Cantero-Lakhanpal in small increments. Having said that, after sharing that she wished her office had a microphone so that all of her patients could realize that they never listen, that she is the doctor & she is always right, I will no longer continue with her or anyone else in the practice. She is hands down the most arrogant, dismissive, & rude doctor I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. If you like to be talked over, talked down to, & completely disregarded, then she is definitely the physician for you.

January 26th, 2015

Behind the times

I did not meet this doctor, instead I saw a nurse practitioner for my thyroid script refill. I've taken Synthroid/generics for 30+ years, and I was astounded that the LNP told me to take it in the morning, when studies conducted four years ago and published in the JAMA describe that it is more effective taken at night. FOUR years ago this study was published and yet this practice continues to tell patients wrong information, causing those patients to possibly take more medication than necessary. Yikes. I'm not going back there.

January 5th, 2015

Worst doctor ever!

Dr. Cantero was rude, abrupt, cold and disrespectful during the whopping 15 minutes she spent with me. I went to her seeking a second opinion on my thyroid and low blood sugar issues and was dismissed immediately upon her entering the room. Her diagnosis: you eat too much (before even asking how/what I eat) and you need to lose weight. Her treatment given: starve yourself ("because skinny people starve themselves"). She suggested if I didn't like her answers I was welcome to go elsewhere. If you like being talked down to and made to feel as though you are the problem then she's your doctor. If you prefer to be treated like a human being STAY AWAY. She is awful!

July 22nd, 2014

Truly, zero stars would be a better summary of my experience with Dr. Cantero. Rude, dismissive, did not begin with any intro or questions about what brought me in. No bedside manner skills, no customer care skills, not helpful or concerned about patients.

November 3rd, 2013

I just love the professionalism, that personal touch, Dr. Cantero is caring and able to relate.

October 8th, 2013

I am very pleased with the care the doctor has given me. I came to see Dr Cantero for diabetes and ended up being diagnosed with thyroid cancer because she noticed a lump in my throat. It was because she spent time with me that it was picked up. Luckily it was early stage and I am doing all right now.

October 5th, 2013

Great doctor, highly recommend her!