Dr. Joan Dean Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joan Dean?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 17th, 2017

Avoid at all costs!!!

If I could give this place NEGATIVE stars, I would! My son was referred here in MARCH of this year for autism testing, he was referred here SPECIFICALLY because they CLAIMED they would test PRIOR to 5 years! Fast forward to Sept, I had been calling this place for MONTHS to find out what was going on with his referral. FINALLY get in touch with the referral dept. Lady tells me they have had his referral since it was INITIALLY sent in, but CLAIMS they don't test under 5 years! Well that would have been nice to know when they RECEIVED the referral, instead of SITTING on it and never contacting us!!! Then goes on to tell us they have no one credited by out insurance and we would have to pay $600+ out of pocket for the testing!!! THEY should have CALLED when they got the referral to tell us all this, NOT just sit there like oh well!!!! VERY unprofessional on their part! I already let my sons therapist now and they are stopping ALL referrals to the epilepsy institution due to this, and I will be letting EVERY person I know who is looking for an autism evaluation to avoid this place at every cost! I'm VERY upset! We WASTED OVER 1/2 A YEAR for this evaluation, just to be shot down because SOMEONE WAS TOO LAZY to reach out to us! My son is back at square one and is not receiving the help he needs BECAUSE of these people!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

May 7th, 2015

You definitely have to wait to see Dr Dean, but she's worth the wait!

December 28th, 2014

Wait times were over 3 hours. Everyone I spoke to in the lobby had similar wait times.

February 19th, 2014

Amazing

She is such a kind hearted doctor. She took care of my son until we moved away and then gave me everything I needed to move on to our next neurologist, 3,000 miles away and our new neurologist even knows her. She was there every step of the way with my autistic, epileptic toddler and calmed my fears. He is now 6 and thriving in kindergarten. I would recommend her above all other doctors in the Winston Salem area!

June 8th, 2012

great experience

the doctor shows great compassion and actually acts as if she really "cares" about her patients.

April 18th, 2016