A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Gewirtz is Excellent. Dr. Gewirtz has been reviewed by 5 patients who have provided 3 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Gewirtz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Gewirtz graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Gewirtz has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- Stamford Hospital
- Stamford Hospital, The, Stamford CT
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gewirtz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 7 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Joan Gewirtz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joan T. Gewirtz practice?
Dr. Joan Gewirtz practices Ophthalmology near Stamford, CT.
See Stamford Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Giovanna Gewirtz, Dr. Hanna Gewirtz, Dr. Iva Gewirtz, Dr. Jackie Gewirtz, Dr. Jan Gewirtz, Dr. Jana Gewirtz, Dr. Janae Gewirtz, Dr. Jane Gewirtz