Dr. Joan Jesse MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 14th, 2015
Excellent follow up.

May 4th, 2015
Like many other reviews mentioned, Dr. Jesse has you wait for Hours for a 5 minute appointment. The most ridiculous scheduling ever. She is extremely over cautious, and causes unnecessary anxiety. After all of the waiting and appointments she told me she would be out of town for my delivery. I would never go back to her again.

April 18th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr Jesse is a wonderful Doctor. She delivered my last child C-section and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Dr. Jesse takes the time to listen if I have concerns and she is always making sure I get the proper testing done when needed. She is a great doctor and I would recommend her to anyone!

April 4th, 2013
Long wait time, excellent doctor
I have always recommended Dr. Jesse. She delivered my baby by c-section after a long unsuccessful labor. She was there from when I was induced (on a Tuesday afternoon) until I had my baby (Wednesday evening), left at about 10 pm on Wednesday and came back in the middle of the night to check on me. Sends me for all of the appropriate tests and makes sure everything is squared away and calls to follow up. Staff is wonderful. Wait time can be atrocious but she's a very popular doctor and there's a reason she doesn't take new patients at this time. She is in demand because she is awesome. I just schedule the earliest appointment of the day because I realize that OB emergencies happen. I would rather have her there at the birth of my child, then at my yearly check up appointment.

October 5th, 2012
Excellent physician. She is very caring and took a lot of time with me.

August 17th, 2012
Wonderful, caring doctor. Her busy schedule did not permit in depth questions re: my hysterectomy, but I got an end-of-the-day appt. and we sat in her office for an hour. She answered all the questions I had, and made sure I was comfortable with all the details. She even arranged to take a picture of my removed fibroids for me when I requested it! I would recommend her to anyone.

July 3rd, 2012
Switched during my 6th month pregnant
On my first visit to Dr. Jesse I waited 2 hours. Despite her disrespect for my time I went back for more. When I would call for an appointment I would be on hold for an average of 8 minutes. She continued to always come in at least 30-45 minutes late, even when I would schedule her fist appointment. The final straw was her over reacting to my sciatic pain telling me to rush to the hospital because I may have a blood clot then NEVER called to follow up with me.

October 8th, 2011
Had to make the switch
I started going to Dr. Jesse when I was 18. The first few years I went to her she was a great doctor. However, as she got more and more busy and took more patients, the care went downhill. I never spent less than 45 minutes waiting for my appointment, often had to reschedule based on her schedule and she never spent more than 5 minutes with me. Not to mention, on more than one occasion I complained of missed periods (was not pregnant), anxiety and panic attacks and being tired and her solution was anti-anxiety and anti-depressents. After switching doctors following that visit my new OB/GYN ran blood tests - which Dr. Jesse NEVER ran and found out that I had thyroid issues (which we later discovered was cancer). Who knows how long I could have had that!? Worst experience ever!

May 15th, 2011
Very nice woman good doctor

October 28th, 2010
Steer clear if you want a natural birth
Overall my worst experience with a doctor. Office waits were routinely 40+ minutes and for two monthly check-ups I waited over an hour. And this after calling ahead to be sure the dr. did NOT have a delivery earlier in the day to disrupt the schedule. She pushed to have me induced to have my baby delivered on HER schedule, then pushed to have my labor progress faster so that she could get out by 4:00pm. My labor was progressing and even the nurses told me they labor was moving along normally - only 12 hours at that stage with my first and I was at 7 cm. High levels of pitocin were administered which caused fetal distress, resulting in a very unwanted c-section. She schedules c-sections and inductions for many patients and to me seemed more concerned with her ability to deliver when convenient for her(she gets paid if she delivers the baby, not if a colleague does)than letting nature run its course. I had qualms by my 6month and should have run from her. I even asked to see a different OB in that office and was discouraged from doing so. Would never recommend her to anyone. Staff in the office was nice and professonial and did their best with a very overbooked schedule.

August 6th, 2010
Excellent doctor would refer to anyone!!! Excellent care for me and my babies with personal calls made to house by her to check on me!Delivered two healthy boys!!

January 18th, 2010
I am very pleased with Dr. Jesse. I have been seeing her for 17 years. She delivered my youngest child and did my hysterectomy along with other procedures in between. She is very kind and caring as is her office staff. The wait time in the office and on the phone can be long but she is worth it.