A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan Barber:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Barber is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barber
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Barber Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Barber, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Barber graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Barber has 2 hospital affiliations:
- George Washington Univ. Medical Center
- The George Washington Univ. Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan K Barber MD is a female Pediatrician and practices in Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joan K. Barber practice?
- Dr. Joan Barber has 1 office location.
Dr. Joan Barber practices Pediatrics and Psychiatry near Washington, DC.
See Washington Pediatricians and Washington Psychiatrists.