inactive

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Jacksonville, FL

April 22nd, 2016
Dr Macksey does not currently practice medicine & has not since 2013

August 14th, 2015
It was many years ago that I saw Ms. Macksey and it was because Dr. McLanahan was unavailable. She was rude and arrogant.

April 2nd, 2015
I've been a patient for over half a decade. Dr. Joan M. is very caring and knowlegeable. Loves her proffesion and it shows. The staff is superb.

December 11th, 2013
Very kind; takes time to listen to patient.

June 3rd, 2013
The best doctor
Dr. Macksey delivered my son in 2011 and all in all my experience was really the best i was in and out from the OR within 15 mins with my healthy baby boy. The crew in that room at memorial did an awesome job. And now i am expecting my second one and I definitely going back to her, hopefully i will have the same experience as i had 2 years ago.

October 31st, 2012
Greatest Doctor!!
Dr. Macksey delivered both of my children and 15 years later, is still the best doctor any woman could have. She has been there for me any many ways and I can not say enough wonderful things about her!

October 26th, 2012
Wonderful Dr!
Dr Macksey is a wonderful Dr. I have been going to her for 7years and my sister has gone to her for 9 years. She may seem relaxed when you speak with her but she is very down to earth, listens and really cares about her patients. The only downside is that you do generally have to wait a while to see her if you book your appointment later i the day (keeping in mind that sometimes she has to leave to deliver a baby upstairs in the hospital).

June 21st, 2012
Great doctor!!!

April 18th, 2012
Depends on what you're looking for..
If you want sugar cookies, rainbows and unicorns then this isn't your doctor. I chose her as my OB/GYN for my first pregnancy because I didn't want to be lied to. She definitely doesn't gave a bedside manner likeable to most, but I appreciated her honesty. She did a c-section for my 10lb son because she knew I wouldn't be able to deliver him naturally. I healed quickly and my son is in perfect health.

January 23rd, 2012
Rude and unconcerned
I went to Dr Macksey 4 yrs ago hoping that as a female Gyn she would listen to me, after 15 mins in her office hearing about her cat, and her family moving in went into examine room I believed I had endo,or something else wrong, she did a pap patted my leg and told me i did not have endo and that heavy periods were "normal" no ultra sound no nothing,well after finding an AMAZING new Dr, who saw me once ultrasound and then my complete Hysterectomy due to Uterine fibroids and a Uterus the size of a sugar baby watermellon I am now doing better, I wouldnt recommend her to my worst nightmare!

October 10th, 2011
After getting an infection, that went undiagnosed for over a week after my c-section despite all of the tests that were run in the hospital, and my 103 degree fevers, Dr. Macksey treated me as if it was all my fault. She had a horrible attitude, and horrible bed-side manner. She was very condescending about treating me and seemed to blame me when I was not healing properly. Incompetent and rude. I went to another doctor and healed quickly.

October 9th, 2009
Dr. Macksey is highly recommendedd
I have been going to Dr. Macksey for 12 years. She has been nothing but polite, attentive and appears to truly care about what's going on with me. I have recommended her to many people and will continue to. The only way she will no longer be my doctor is if she stops practicing, otherwise, i'm very pleased with the treatement and results I've seen since being a patient!