A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan O'Brien is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan O'Brien, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Orbital Cancer
- Orbital Diseases
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. She has 6 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan M O'Brien MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joan M. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. Joan O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. Joan O'Brien practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.