A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan O'Brien is Excellent. Dr. O'Brien has been reviewed by 4 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan O'Brien, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
She has special expertise in 13 Areas, including Eye Cancer, Eye Cancer, and Eye Cancer Choroid Neoplasm.10 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. She has 5 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. O'Brien accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Joan O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joan M. O'Brien practice?
Dr. Joan O'Brien practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: San Francisco, CA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Giovanna O'Brien, Dr. Hanna O'Brien, Dr. Iva O'Brien, Dr. Jackie O'Brien, Dr. Jan O'Brien, Dr. Jana O'Brien, Dr. Janae O'Brien, Dr. Jane O'Brien