A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan O'Brien is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan O'Brien, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Orbital Cancer
- Orbital Diseases
- Retinal Disorders
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. She has 6 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan M O'Brien MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joan M. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. Joan O'Brien has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joan O'Brien practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: San Francisco, CA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.