Dr. Joan Petalcorin MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Virginia Beach, VA

3.2

October 30th, 2015
I saw this doc 1 year ago for my back pain. She suggested injection to my low back. I did not follow up with her and I suffered. Finally 2 months ago, I decided to try the injection she talked about and for the first time after a year I have felt so good in my back, pain is gone (for now) - I don't know when my pain will come back because she said this is temporary and is not a real fix.

December 11th, 2014
She has strong Asian accent but one of the good ones who spends time explaining things. Her being foreign may be misunderstood by others as rude but I and my family members have gone to her for 3 years now. She is not the right one to go if you just want narcotics.

October 14th, 2014
I must cancel apointment for tommorpw family issues
Outstanding

August 1st, 2014
I feel as if she is a ggod person but in the wrong business.I felt as if I was a pain in the butt to her.in her field she is going to give pain meds.I think she has been taken advantage of and she treats all people like they are bad or misusing her.would not use her again,but think she means well.

December 4th, 2013
Do not go to this Dr.
Dr. Petalcorin was rude and never paid attention to my chart. On our third visit, she tried to prescribe me all of the same medications that she already had me on. I had an allergic reaction to one of the NSAID medications she had me on that landed me in the ER and she dismissed me, saying that none of h other patients had this reaction and that it is what she personally prefers to take for pain. I have a torn disc at L5/S1 but because of my age (24) Dr. Petalcorin doesn't believe i'm a "candidate for pain management" even though since tearing my disc (confirmed by an MRI) my blood pressure is consistently up by 40 points. This doctor is rude and lacks attention to detail. Would not recommend her to anyone.

November 16th, 2013
Untrustworthy, dismissive & unrealistic
Had an infection from a fall that was not correctly diagnosed and consequently developed into a deeper tissue infection. Does not listen to patient's complaints rather compares what your experiencing to how much worse it could be. Explained what had happened when I fell and the pain I had and she responds with how I should be thankful I don't live in a third world country! WHAT?!!

September 25th, 2013
Encounter
I could hardly walk when i went to see her. She did pain injection in my sacroiliac joint and the following day, i was much better! I was very thankful that i was able to go back to work so i ended up giving her cake just to show how much i appreciate her help.

August 14th, 2013
I WOULD HAVE GAVE HER A NEGITIVE STAR IF HAD THEM
SHE HAS NO BED SIDE MANNER. SHE IS DISRESPECTFUL ANS SHE DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL BETTER SHE WANTS THEM TO BELIEVES THAT EVERYONE IS LIEING TO GET PAIN PILLS

Health Guides