Dr. Joan Schieber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

March 10th, 2016
Never again
Dr. Schieber was recommended by a friend who had a positive experience of her while pregnant. I went to her thinking that I would be just as pleased with her care for a non-pregnancy concern. The first thing out of her mouth when we met was "Do you want to discuss freezing some eggs? You're at the age where it's the point of no return." I said "No, I do not plan to have children." She pushed the issue and I pushed back. She finally dropped it. I tried with Dr. Schieber many times, to make my preferences known. She talked over me every time. She loves to do birth control implants. I told her (several years in a row) that I didn't want that option. She just is a horrible listener. I'm a reasonable person and will put up with a crappy bedside manner for good care, but at the end of the day, I have the same problem that I went to her with and she has never listened to me. She just wants to get through her script. I'm done.

October 14th, 2015
She is fantastic!
I would not pay much attention to the other reviews. People are more inclined to write a review if they had a bad experience than people that had a pleasant experience . I have been going to her since highschool and she is excellent! I think the staff is very friendly as well. She is very trusting and offered a lot of reassurance to me. I wouldn't go to any other gyno she seriously is great.

July 9th, 2015
She needs to work on her bedside manners.

February 27th, 2015
Not the Dr for me.
Don't plan on returning.

February 9th, 2015
Love Her
I really like her - I connected with her from the beginning. She's a mom herself, so she has an understanding.

December 21st, 2014
Looking Elsewhere....
I won't be returning to Dr Schieber after an unnecessary surgery from her misdiagnosis. She did not show a professional manner in my case nor in her mistakes. An explanation of "whoops" by her was not appropriate and I will be finding knowledgable medical care elsewhere.

October 25th, 2014
Lack of care/Rude Staff
After being misdiagnosed twice by Dr. Schieber, I took charge of my medical care and switched to another practice. I have not regret that decision for one second. Not only did I feel that Dr. Schieber did not have the medical knowledge I would want in an OB/GYN, I was also disappointed in how rude and cold the staff was there. It always seemed like it was an inconvenience to them that you were there and never was there any support or empathy if you were going through difficult times. I am glad I left this practice.

June 11th, 2013
wonderful obgyn!
Dr. Schieber is a wonderful doctor! She is always professional, kind and thorough. As a patient of hers I have always left my appointments feeling very informed and confident that I have received the best care. As a SLH employee I have seen her in action at numerous deliveries and am always impressed with how knowledgeable and genuine she is towards other healthcare providers and most importantly families.

October 17th, 2012
love her
Dr. Scheiber delivered my first two boys and now I am pregnant with my third, A GIRL! I am so happy to have Dr. Scheiber as my doctor. She is very caring, laid back but also VERY thorough and informative. She was very supportive of my birth plan. My oldest is 6 and she still remembers details of his delivery.

February 2nd, 2012
Dr. Schieber should have diagnosed me with a condition and did not. After a visit to Mayo Clinic, they said she 100% should have discovered what was wrong with me. I will never see Dr. Schieber again.

August 3rd, 2011
I started seeing Dr. Schieber right after I found out I was pregnant. I delivered my baby last winter. My experience has been that several of the staff members were rude and impatient with me. Dr. Schieber dismissed several of my health concerns during and after my pregnancy. As a result I am living with a health problem that could have been avoided. I had to visit her three times to get a proper diagnosis. The first two times she told me everything was fine. The third time I had done some research before I saw her so I told her what to look for and what I thought was wrong. Turned out that I was correct. It was a problem that based on the symptoms I described she should have easily diagnosed and yet she missed it (twice) because she wasn't listening to me. Instead she continued to insist that what I need was an anti-depressant when what I really needed was surgery.

March 25th, 2011
Highly recommended
Dr. Shieber is the best doctor I've been to in my 40 years of existence. I have never had a doctor spend as much time with me, explaining what she is doing, and generally discussing my overall health. I would highly recommend her to any woman who is in need of a OB/GYN. My only regret is that she isn't a general doctor as well. I would definitely go to her for my overall health if it were an option.