A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joan Sturgis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joan Sturgis is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sturgis
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sturgis Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joan Sturgis, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sturgis graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joan Sturgis MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joan Sturgis practice?
- Dr. Joan Sturgis has 1 office location.
Dr. Joan Sturgis practices Psychiatry near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Psychiatrists.