Dr. Joan Sweeney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 23rd, 2016
Great Doc!
Wonderful Dr.! most of the wait is while you are in the examination room, but she takes her time with you, which could be why there is a wait. To me that is definitely worth it! She explained everything in Layman's terms, so I had no difficulty understanding, and took everything I said into account. I didn't feel like I was rushed or half-listened to.

September 4th, 2013
Dr Sweeney is caring and compassionate. Only doctor to take the time to listen to me. Extremely thorough and very knowledgeable. She has helped me understand my diagnosis and cares about me.

August 23rd, 2013
A Doctor who cares
As a medical professional, I have seen enough doctors to be a pretty good judge. When Dr Sweeney moved from the hospital where I work to a hospital about 1 & 1/2 hours away, it never crossed my mind to find another doctor. When you have a doctor who cares, and keeps you healthy, you follow her.

August 22nd, 2013
Takes care of 2 of my family members. Always feel they are in good hands under her care. Great bedside manner!

August 20th, 2013
Go somewhere else
After 10 days of phone tag and no way for me to call back and get a human, I got the advice to go to the ER. I had to tell the ER nurse what the usual procedure is, then the ER doc gave me something else. The nurse thought it was weird that my neurologist didn't just take care of me. The ER doc thought it was weird. My family doc thought it was weird. The nurse at my family doc office thought the neurologist should have just called in the usual steroids that I get for this type of problem. My husband, mother-in law, and brother all think I should find a new doc. All of the medical professionals I talk to think I should find a new doc. Save yourself the trouble and don't start with this one! She's a very nice person, but it's impossible to get any help in a timely manner if you're having a problem!

July 29th, 2013
Office is terrible!
Dr. sweeney diagnosed my MS. I initially liked her, she did spend time with me. After the diagnosis I was on my own! The office staff is the worst! No calls back, incorrect information forwarded to the dr, poor communication between each other, cancel appointments and doesnt reschedule. As a newly diagnosed pt I dont know anything! Need answers to questions, never get it. Looking for a new dr!

May 7th, 2013
Have to agree with the previous comment. Just horrible, makes a bad situation worse. This "doctor" is completely unresponsive.

May 31st, 2012
Horrible experience. Does not return phone calls, or gove any needed info to patients. I would not take my goldfish here. Should not be in practice.