Obstetricians & Gynecologists

1264 Ribaut Rd
Ste 200
Beaufort, SC 29902
843-524-5455
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  would not recommend  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

I went for my first office visit and had to wait over an hour to be seen. I did not care for the way I was treated and talked to by this doctor. I left feeling depressed and knew no more about my health issues than I did when I got there. I am currently looking for a new doctor, as I will not be returning to see this one.

|  show details
Oct 11th, 2009

Dr. Csakany gave me excellent care in a difficult time. I recommend her to many. She has a great bedside manner in addition to obviously knowing a lot about her field.

|  Mean  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2009

First, the practice at which I had my tubal ligation reversal performed has two doctors. Dr. 1 has performed more successful tubal reversals, resulting in the birth of more babies, than any other doctor in the world. Dr. 2 became the first certified Tubal Ligation Reversal Surgeon in the U.S. Their practice has detailed pregnancy statistics that document the success of their patients. When we first discussed my tubal reversal, Dr. Csankany asked, Where did you find them? The Internet? What did they do, just send you on your way and say, Good luck! There was no sound basis for this automatic bias.Second, as we discussed how the procedure had gone and the results of the pathology tests, she declared loudly with sarcasm, Well, good luck! in regards to the chances of me getting pregnant. From the results of the pathology tests, there was no basis for being pessimistic. Even if there had been, the pessimism was unnecessary. Third, within the discussion of the increased risks of a tubal ectopic pregnancy, I said because of the tubal ligation. She jumped in with, No, it was because of the tubal ligation reversal. Not only was the tone used combative and the correction unnecessary (because the tubal ligation reversal would not have happened without a tubal ligation first), it was not entirely correct since tubal ligations also increase the risk of a tubal ectopic pregnancy. Finally, when I asked if a vaginal ultrasound could be performed at the HCG level of 1500 as recommended by my surgeon, she answered that yes you could, but it is not industry standard. We went in a circle on this a few times. Her previous, unwarranted verbal lashing of my surgeon and her stressing of the phrase industry standard gave the impression that she was attempting to reiterate that she did not approve of my surgeon. Additionally, I am not willing to risk the money that I spent on tubal ligation reversal on a possible loss of a tube from a tubal ectopic pregnancy due to not following my surgeons instructions. PS - This review would not have been posted if the front desk had not snickered at the question of if they have a general email address for the practice to which I could send a note for the doctor. PPS - The nurse was very friendly.