Dr. Joanna Davies, MD
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Helpful  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2014

I have read these reviews and wonder if we are rating the same doctor. I have been with Dr Davies for 4 yearsand have nothing but great things to say about her. She is friendly has conversation with you to put you at ease. She is through in her examination and explains the process. She is one of the few dr who is interested in her patient. I will recommend her to anyone. At first i thought het nurse was indifferent but after all these years I think she is just a professional. I never had to wait more than 30 mins for my appointment.

|  Rheumatoid Arthritis Hands  |  show details
by Harriet Lee on Apr 23rd, 2014

suffering 8 years third finger on left inflamed, swelling, tear in central slip. third finger on right some inflamed.

|  An Aging & Poorly Managed Practice w Rude Staff  |  show details
by Unhappy Patient on Sep 10th, 2013

I have been w/ Dr Davies for 5 years, but have finally called it quits. At first, while I found her manner to be gruff and insensitive, and the office bldg ugly, dark and sometimes dingy, I appreciated how much time she took with me. Over time however, I came to resent waiting an average of 1 hour past my appt time just to get in her room, only to hear her chatting & gossiping right next door. She spends time w/ me once I'm in, but lots of chat, little medicine and too much sarcasm. Her way, once, of telling me I needed to lose weight was, "You really wanna be 50 and fat?" Nice. Likewise, her staff has always been rude and often incompetent. I once complained to her about it and she said, "Try telling that to my partners. We have crappy staff because they won't pay up to hire better people". Uggh -- I don't go to the dr to hear HER complaints. Today was the last straw. My appt was for 9; at 10, after having been told "She's running late but is almost done w/ the current patient" 3x, I saw Dr Davies walk in the front door. Her receptionist had lied to me 3 times! Davies wasn't "almost done"; in fact, she wasn't even there! I spoke w/ the manager, who said Davies, in fact, had been at the hospital and was running 2 hours late because of it. I wish someone had told me earlier; I wish they had called me home and offered to reschedule! I'm moving on to a practice that treats patients w more dignity, and that operates w/ greater integrity.

|  disrepectful of new patients time  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2013

I waited over an hour before I was taken to a room..the room I was put in was adjacent to a room Dr. Davies was in along with a patient and 3 friends of the patient. They were catching up and chit chattin, their door was wide open and you could hear the conversation. T his nonsense went on for over an hour, I know this because they were taken in shortly after I arrived. She wrapped up with the patient and rolled her to get some other service done...this is completely unprofessional and negligent behavior for a medical professional. I had an appointment and the front desk was equally unhelpful..I asked nicely if they knew how much longer wait would be, I offered to see any other doctor AMD reminded them my appointment time and that I was in a lot of pain. They answered that she would see when she was done with current patient. Noone deserves to be treated with such a lack of respect for their time and as a human being.

Jul 24th, 2012

Very thorough and professional, easy to park and good location

|  Unable to diagnose but bilked me for it  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

I came in with a knee injury that needed to be a.) diagnosed and b.) treated. She could do neither of those things. While telling me a few things that it was unlikely to be, she tried a treatment and failed, saying, "that's never happened before." She then passed me off to another (more experienced and perhaps better?) doctor in the same building. This other doctor was able to tell me what had happened and took care of me, giving me guidance. Joanna Davies price: $205.00 for no diagnosis, no treatment, and passing me off to a another doctor. JONATHAN SALUTA Price: $162.00 for an actual diagnosis and suggestions for treatment, while steering me away from more expensive medical tests like MRIs which were not needed. If you have a joint problem, go to Jonathan Saluta in the same building. The wait was a little longer for me because I was referred and seen on the same day, but the price and competency were well worth it. I wish I had gone to him first.

Jan 14th, 2011

Her bedside manner needs improvement. She is condescending and dismissive of complaints/questions. She is abrupt and spends very little time with you.

|  Extraordinary physician  |  show details
by Bernadine Bednarz on Oct 11th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Davies by a friend of mine who is also a physician and Dr. Davies is her physician: does that say it all? Doctors going to doctors: other physicians don't choose the class fool: Dr. D. was 1st in her class in medical school. She's first w/me because she's thorough, direct, honest with a caring (overused, yet critical)attitude and perspective. I always leave her office knowing she has diagnosed me accurately and prescribed the best medicine/treatment. She will always be A in my book.

by Jenz on Jul 7th, 2009

I wish she would spend more time with me when I visit. I tend to have a lot of questions and I feel rushed and I forget them.I don't like the staff in her office very much