Obstetricians & Gynecologists

100 E Lancaster Ave
Ste 216
Wynnewood, PA 19096
610-658-5266
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Incredible!  |  show details
by Dana W. on Apr 28th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Monzo's for more than a decade and I can't say enough about her. She is one of the most caring people that I know, she is very knowledgeable and competent. She takes the time to explain everything to you and answers any questions that you may have (no matter how insignificant you may think that they are). She has a great bedside manner and I am truly blessed to have her as my doctor.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Angelica on Jan 21st, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr.Monzo for the past 6 years. She delivered my last baby 3 and half years ago. She was the best OB! She has always been caring and patient, taking her time with me explaining everything. If you are looking for a Doctor who makes you feel like you are her only patient then Dr.Monzo is the right doctor for you!

|  The best OB  |  show details
by Marina on Jan 16th, 2014

Dr. Monzo is hands-down the best doctor, regardless of area of specialization, I have EVER been to! She is very knowledgeable, thorough, takes her time, and explains the processes involved in procedures. She has been my doctor since my first pregnancy ( 4 years ago) and I would recommend her to anyone. Her new office location (King of Prussia) is BEAUTIFUL, not that you'll have much time to enjoy the waiting area; the wait time is minimal. If you're considering making an appointment, consider no further! Call right away!

|  Looking for a wonderful GYN?  |  show details
by Jackie Sharkey on Dec 2nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Monzo for 11 years now. I wouldn't want anyone else. She is the most thorough and compassionate doctor I ever had. She spends a long time with her patients , to make sure all information is covered. If you are looking for someone who is determined to provide excellent care and get to the root cause of your problem then Dr. Monzo should be someone to consider as your GYN.

|  Dr. Kakaty-Monzo a phenomenal Doctor  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2013

Dr. Kakaty-Monzo is the best OBGYN I have ever had the pleasure of calling my doctor. She goes above and beyond in every situation. Her knowledge and skills are far above expectation at every appointment that you have. Her bedside manner is phenomenal and she always puts me at ease. She always knows what to say and handles herself in a personable yet extremely informative way.

|  Horrible Dr.  |  show details
by Stacey on Aug 7th, 2013

Dr. Monzo is horrible she curses is rude to everyone. Always in a rush like she has better things to do. She made my pregnancy experience horrible. She is rude to her nurse Deb. and even talks about her when she steps out of the room. Avoid this Dr. at all costs she absolutely horrible.

by Sarah K on May 29th, 2013

Dr. Monzo is amazing! She delivered all of my children. The first two were uncomplicated, but even so she always made time for me. My coworkers always commented on how quickly she would see me and how she would always get on the phone and talk to me herself. My third pregnancy was a little different and much more complicated and she is the reason me and my daughter are here today. I had a very rare condition and if she wasn't so thorough and spent so much time planning my surgery and making sure things were in place, I don't think things would have turned out as positive as they did. I remember one night me and my husband were in her office 2 hours beyond office hours planning for my surgery and it didn't even phase her. I was in the hospital for nine days and at the end found out that she did not let any other attending take care of me that whole time. She came in off schedule every day just to make sure I was OK. I would highly recommend her without a doubt!

by Jessica G. on May 21st, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Monzo's since December of 2004, when I became pregnant with my first daughter. Throughout my entire pregnancy, she was kind, compassionate, helpful, and appropriately funny. When our delivery ended in an unscheduled C-Section, I was never so happy to see that she was the doctor on call. When my husband and I decided to try for #2, it was Dr. Monzo that helped me to diagnose my Grave's Disease and was able to refer me to an Endocrinologist who was able to help me manage my symptoms and successfully get pregnant. However, on November 7, 2006, at a routine OB appointment Dr. Monzo discovered that my baby's heart had stopped beating. She called her former partner into the room to confirm this horrible news. He stated "these things happen" and patted me on the knee before quickly leaving the room. Dr. Monzo, on the other hand, used her own phone to call my husband and give him the news. She then sat with me holding my hand and crying with me as I waited 45 minutes for him to arrive. I can't explain how much her compassion and understanding of my loss meant to me then, and now. She understood that, to me, these things don't just happen. I was grieving the loss of my child. After my loss, Dr. Monzo spent many office visits counseling me as to when to try again, and when I discovered that I had gotten pregnant with twins six months after my miscarriage, Dr. Monzo was truly joyful. Her care while I carried my 2nd and 3rd daughters was impeccable. I know that it was her careful attention that resulted in me carrying my babies to 38 weeks! Again, her care in the Operating Room was top notch! My husband and I were crazy enough to want one more baby. And while this process wasn't easy, Dr. Monzo helped me to work through my PCOS to successfully have daughter #4! She also discovered some adhesive disease from my previous c-sections and new the precautions to take to ensure my health during the delivery. When I discovered that she left her previous practice, there was no question that I would follow her. She has helped me to create my family. And for that, I will always be grateful.

|  Dr. Monzo is a great doctor  |  show details
by Miss_a on Apr 30th, 2013

I visited Dr. Monzo’s office for the first time in November 2012. I was temporarily working on a project in Pennsylvania and during that time, I needed to see an OBGYN for my annual exam. Since I was new to the area, one of my coworkers referred me to Dr. Monzo, not only because the office accepted my insurance plan but because she told me that Dr. Monzo was an awesome doctor. Once I made the appointment and actually saw Dr. Monzo, I knew almost immediately that she was a highly competent, skilled, trained and experienced doctor. Through her thorough examination and expertise she was able to properly diagnose me with a condition and prescribe the necessary treatment. I am a young woman who sees an OBGYN annually and Dr. Monzo was the first to diagnose me (through her recommended ultrasounds and MRI) with a particular condition that was previously unbeknownst to me. She furthermore was able to refer me to a top breast surgeon who also did remarkable work. One thing that I liked about Dr. Monzo is that she returned my phone calls and in the few instances that I called the office, she came to the phone almost immediately to answer questions and talk to me about my medical concerns. If you are looking for a quality doctor who will do and recommend whatever is necessary to properly diagnose you, then I would recommend seeing Dr. Monzo. Thank you Dr. Monzo for being a good doctor during my brief time in Pennsylvania. Because of your skill and expertise, I now know more about my medical condition and when I go to the doctor in the future, I am equipped with this information and my records to ensure that I continue to get the best possible treatment.

|  Excellent doctor, recently moved to King of Prussia  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

After hearing that Dr. Monzo was no longer at the office in Wynnewood, I made sure I found her new office. I have had a miscarriage, a breast cyst, 2 births--one natural and one c-section. She has always been straight with me, and when it concerns your health, you want to be sure your doctor is honest and trustworthy. She takes excellent care of her patients and makes sure you and baby are well-monitored--I have heard of other docs who only visit with patients every few weeks. I began seeing her every 2 weeks during second trimester and weekly at the end! I also appreciate that she actually practices medicine. She will sit and talk to you, reveiwing your file and asking all kinds of questions based on her experiences. She is not just asking rote questions to get the appt over with. I would HIGHLY recommend her new practice in the Valley Forge Towers. Easy to get to, FREE parking, and personal attention.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Emily Brooks on Mar 10th, 2013

Dr. Kakaty-Monzo is a great doctor. She is so friendly and easy to talk to. I wouldn't see anyone else! She makes things so easy, but she is extremely thorough.

Feb 27th, 2013

Dr. Monzo is an amazing doctor! She cares about her patients and is very knowledgeable. She is an asset to any medical practice. I will never go to another doctor!

|  Great doctor!!!!  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

I wanted to see a female doctor and went to Dr. Monzo. She is bubbly, very intelligent and cares about her patients. She is meticulous and makes sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed! I love her and her friendly staff. They all make you feel extremely comfortable. Some of my appointments tend to get rescheduled, but no big deal. It's an obstetrician office, things like this are going to happen. Babies come when they want to sometimes and emergencies arise. I get upset when people complain! You never know if they are telling someone they have cancer or perhaps the baby doesn't have a heartbeat:( Think about this the next time you are delayed. This could be you! You are ALWAYS given the choice to wait or reschedule. Overall awesome office.

|  Dr. Monzo is the BEST  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Monzo is the BEST, she delivered my baby and has kept me healthy and update with all women health issues. She you may experience a wait, but what can you expect she's great! No other doctor can deliver any of my children expect Monzo.

|  Excellent, trust-worthy doctor! Very highly recommended!  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

Dr. Monzo is an excellent doctor. She has been my OBGYN for 7 years and has delivered my last 3 out 4 children. I recommend her to other patients without hesitation. There is not enough space to write all the wonderful experiences I have had with her as well as the nursing and office staff. Dr. Monzo truly cares about her patients. She takes the necessary time and follows strict protocols to ensure that each patient receives the best medical care. During two of my pregnancies, a couple of medical issues have come up but I always trusted her recommendations and knew that she was taking the proper precautions by having additional testing done or sending me to other specialty doctors to be cleared. I look forward to being under her excellent care for years to come. If you want to experience top-notch care, go see Dr. Monzo!

|  Absolutely The Best!!!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I would recommend Dr Monzo to everyone!! She has been my dr for 10 years and she is the best dr that I have ever had. She really cares about her patients. I have gone through some difficult times, physically and emotionally, and Dr Monzo has been there with me through every step. She always has time to answer any questions and address any concerns that you may have. I have recommended her to friends and coworkers and they also have been very happy with her as their physician. She is an expert in the field and I trust her more than anyone!

Jun 12th, 2012

Doctor Monzo saved my life! I went to the emergency room three times and no one could figure out what was going on. Three different doctors missed something that could have cost me my life but she didnt. I had one appointment with Doctor Monzo and she easily saw I needed emergency surgery! After my surgery, she stopped by frequently to check up on how I was doing. Yes you do have to wait longer than you would like too sometimes but I feel like she is a very good doctor. Love the front desk girls, very personable.

|  Countless Great Experiences  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

I have had countless great experiences with Dr. Monzo over the last 7 years! Dr. Monzo and her staff (especially her nurse Deb) are highly competent and completely focused on what is best for their patients. During a routine OB visit during my pregnancy, I began to have difficulty breathing in the office. Dr. Monzo dropped what she was doing, quickly assessed my condition and personally ran me down to the E.R. in a wheelchair. She got me immediate attention and gave me personalized advice during a very scary time. She is a top rate doctor and is always personally invested in her patient's best interest and care!

May 17th, 2012

|  She was the reason my daughter was born  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

I came to Dr Monzo after receiving poor treatment from 2 hospitals. I was a high risk pregnancy(3 past miscarriages) & 2 hospitals diagnosised my symptoms as being a miscarriage. By the forth month(neither did any test) I contacted Dr Monzo(highly referred) & she fit me in the next day. Dr Monzo made sure I received every test & saw me twice a week. She did everything humanly possible to care for me. I delivered 2 months early a healthy baby girl. Who was cared for by a wonderful Nic unit in Lankeneau. My daughter is now a happy & healthy 5 month old & I owe it all to Dr Monzo. Due to space I can't explain all my issue but I can say Dr Monzo saved my daughter while she was in utero. She is an example of what a doctor should be. In addition, Dr Monzo stayed past her shift & delayed her own family emergency to make sure my daughter was delivered with care.

|  Meticulous and Caring!  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

My first experience with Dr. Monzo came as I was about to deliver my first child. My normal doctor was not on call and she was filling in. Thank God for sending me Dr. Monzo, she was my Angel! After residents let my baby's distress go too long before calling her in, Dr. Monzo swiftly assessed and took command of the situation, all while putting me at ease. From that moment on, I knew she was my doctor for good! Three healthy babies later, Dr. Monzo continues to provide excellent and thorough care, support and guidance. Highly recommended!

|  EXCEPTIONAL physician!  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

I can't say enough about the wonderful experiences I have had with Dr. Monzo as my ob-gyn. She is caring, compassionate and highly competent. Dr. Monzo consistently goes above and beyond in all aspects of my care. I have referred all of my friends to her practice. I have to say, I don't normally use these types of sites, but I was appalled to read some of the information/"opinions" that have been posted here and could not sit back and not post my opinion of how terrific I think she is.

|  AVOID THIS WOMAN AT ALL COSTS!!  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2012

I usually go to Dr. Bailey who is in the same office as Dr. Monzo but he didn't have an appointment available and I needed to start BCP and get a pap. I was forewarned by my best friend who also sees Dr. Bailey but had to get fit in with Dr. Monzo, to avoid her, but I figured it was an easy visit and I would just go to Dr. Bailey after that. My best friend had an appointment with her sometime before this and was appalled when, during her exam, she was speaking horribly of another patient, even saying the patients name to her nurse, right in front of my friend.The front desk is wonderful! I must say that to start. Couldn't find a better group of girls. Once I arrived, they led me right into the exam room where I waited about 10 minutes. About 2 minutes before Dr. Monzo entered my room, I could CLEARLY hear her outside my door complaining to the nurses about how many pap smears she had to do. Not a good start for me...Upon entering the room she sat down and said hi and wanted to go through my past medical history. I stated during this that I wanted to get the BCP and a pap and she right away cut me off and said to me "Let me get through these questions first", in a very harsh tone. I have alot of cancer in my family and I had to review this with her. Her comment on this was something to the fact that too many people died in my family and I'm probably in trouble. In the beginning of the exam she found a freckle looking mark, and said to me: "You have suspicious looking mark, Im going to have to biopsy this today." During the pelvic exam, she does a "Hmmm" but doesn't say anything to me. After the exam, she pulls off her gloves and says to the nurse: "Write her a prescription for a pelvic ultrasound, rule out mass"..AND WALKS OUT OF THE ROOM SAYING NOTHING TO ME! The nurse walked out with her. Remember the mark she found? Yea, she walked out and didn't biopsy it. I was so scared out of my mind about the "mass", I forgot about it also and didn't remember until after I left. I sat there, tears immediately welling in my eyes, scared out of my mind and not knowing what was going on. I walked out of the exam room and she was at the desk, writing notes. I right away ask her about my "mass" as she so comfortably informed me about. She acted very non-chalant about it and stated she felt a mass there and wanted it checked right away. I asked if she thought it was anything to worry about. Her reply was she wasn't sure and I needed the ultrasound then stopped mid sentence and asked "What else did you want??" I told her birth control pills, she asks me what kind. Uhhh, isn't the doctor supposed to know this?I walk to the reception desk a complete and utter mess and tell them how horrid the appointment was and that I want a follow up appt. with Dr. Bailey like YESTERDAY. They made it for me with no issues on my next day I had free. I made the appt. for my ultrasound the same day I had the appt. with Dr. Bailey. Fast forward a week. I go for the ultrasound. I tell the ultrasound REGISTERY person about how Dr. Monzo was with me. This girl went on and on about how rude Dr. Monzo is and that noone in the hospital could stand her and that she orders more ultrasound than anyone in the hospital and stated to me " She's such a bad doctor, she just orders ultrasounds to make the office money and we're tired of it" I was APPALLED!! I then entered the room to get the ultrasound and I proceed to to tell the tech about my visit with Dr. Monzo. She then goes on to tell me the exact same thing the person at the desk does. During the ultrasound she states to me "As I suspected with a Dr. Monzo ultrasound, I see nothing, looks totally normal." I was relieved to say the least but SO angry at the same time. I literally cried every night until that appointment scared that my life was about to change for the worse. Right after that I went for my appointment with Dr. Bailey. I immediately told him about my appointment with Dr. Monzo. He was professional about it, not saying too much but just enough to comfort me. He had the radiology dept. fax over my ultrasound report and stated to me that everything was just perfect. I then told him that she saw a mark and wanted to biopsy it but then walked out of the exam room and never did. He takes a look and says "Doing a biopsy on that spot would be painful for you for days, lets keep an eye on it, and I'll check on it in 3 months. If it changes in size, we can biopsy it then. It looks like nothing more than a freckle to me though". I got it rechecked, it was nothing:) This woman is a poor excuse for a doctor and I warn everyone to PLEASE stay away from her. Never in my life have I seen such a rude, uncaring doctor. Wait a few extra weeks and see Dr. Bailey and save yourself the fear and anger you will most likely encounter with Dr. Monzo!!

|  Absolutely No Bedside Manner  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

I had to see Dr. Monzo because my usual doctor was not available. I waited for well over 2 hours past my appointment. And when she finally did see me, she did not listen to any of my issues or concerns and dismissed everything -- very rudely. She may have spent a total of 2 minutes and abruptly left the office. I left crying. I cannot believe doctors like her still exist and have patients. I wish there was a better business bureau or something similar for doctors like her.

|  AVOID - terrible dr and staff  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

avoid! dr monzo has absolutely no bedside manner. she and her staff are rude, condescending, and do not value patients' time. i was rescheduled 4 times in 1 month by the receptionist and then given attitude when i called to get a refill on my birth control. they do not return calls or follow through with getting medications filled in a timely manner.

Oct 26th, 2011

I would never refer her to my worst enemy, she is always rushed, i have heard her yelling at her staff which is unacceptable,she never calls with results,she is never on time, horrible horrible..there are plenty of ob/gyn drs out there dont sell yourself short....

|  You decide...  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

if youre in the market for a horrific experience, to be constantly left waiting with no direct apoplogies, to never have any of your questions directly answered aside from having papers thrusted at you or a condescending retort as if you "should already know", lack of preparation for the appts, and a doctor who chastizes her very sweet and attentive nurses for her mistakes right in front of you after complaining about the fact that you are there...RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU then this is the doc for you, if youd like to maintain your sanity then move on...PS: she also suggested i take meds im allergic to AND that are deemed the most harmful my trimester instead of offering a rememdy...good luck

|  Be prepared to wait  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2009

I have never waited less than an hour. Appointments are constantly getting rescheduled. I am always hurried during my visit--to the point where I do not even feel I have time to bring up issues. I also feel I am so hurried, things gets missed. I will be changing doctors as soon as I have my baby!