A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 33 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Blood Disorders
- Blood Transfusion
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Medulloblastoma)
- Breast Cancer
- Cerebellar Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- Eye Cancer
- Fanconi Anemia
- Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy (Krabbe Disease)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kurtzberg graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. She has 5 awards.
Dr. Kurtzberg has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg MD is a female Pediatrician, has 35 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg practice?
- Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Durham, NC.
See Durham Pediatricians and Durham Pediatric Specialists.