A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kurtzberg
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kurtzberg Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 34 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Blood Disorders
- Blood Transfusion
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Medulloblastoma)
- Breast Cancer
- Cerebellar Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- Eye Cancer
- Fanconi Anemia
- Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy (Krabbe Disease)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kurtzberg graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. She has 5 awards.
Dr. Kurtzberg has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg MD is a female Pediatrician, has 35 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg practice?
- Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg has 2 office locations.
Dr. Joanne Kurtzberg practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Durham, NC.
See Durham Pediatricians and Durham Pediatric Specialists.