Dr. Joanne Lim Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joanne Lim?

Abandoned me at 38 weeks

Posted on November 20th, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Joanne Lim at 20 weeks pregnant. Everything seemed to go well at first, and I like how Dr. Lim seemed very thorough and understanding. The front desk staff on the other hand seemed a bit trash and VERY unprofessional. Every time I would come in for an appointment they were doing anything BUT working (calling dog shelters about dropping their dogs off, gossiping about guys they were with, playing with the one receptionist’s kid, which I still don't understand why she was there to begin with- get a babysitter). I also thought it was strange how they always had Jerry Springer playing on the tv (unprofessional much?). Around 30 weeks or so, she brought up in conversation that she was also pregnant, and that she was due 5 days before me, but not to worry, she would hand me off to her sister, Elaine, for the rest of my pregnancy. I thought to myself, “Why would a doctor take on a NEW PATIENT KNOWING they were pregnant, and knowing we were due at the same time, and not tell me until now?” But I trusted her, and knew that whatever doctor was on call would deliver my baby either way. Anyway, fast forward to 35 weeks pregnant, and I woke up with horrible face/leg/foot/hand swelling. I went into work and called around 9am to see if I should go to L&D or to their office to be checked out. They said they would forward the message to her. At 1pm I still had heard nothing (I was freaking out thinking about pre-E). I called back and asked for the doctor’s emergency number so I could call her myself. The response from the receptionist was "I don't have a number to give you and I can't just give out her personal number." I ended up going to L&D per the recommendation of a nurse I work with. I still had not heard anything from Dr. Lim, so I ended up seeing the house doctor (which I loved!). I did not end up hearing from Dr. Lim for TWO WHOLE DAYS. Her excuse was that she heard I was in the hospital but didn’t recognize my name (changed my name due to getting married) so she ignored it! I told her at my next appointment that this was unacceptable, and that I NEEDED to be able to get ahold of her during an emergency. She agreed. At 38 weeks I went to my appointment only to find out they had told me to go to the wrong location. The receptionist tried to argue with me saying they didn’t, but I had the card that said otherwise. Not only did they not try to accommodate me late at their other location (since it was their fault to begin with), but they said there were no more appointments for that week. So I didn’t have a 38 week appointment. For my 39 week appointment, they gave me one option, to which I couldn’t make, so the receptionist basically told me “sorry.” So I didn’t have a 39 week appointment either. I told the receptionist to leave a message for Doctor Elaine (because Dr. Joanne had left a couple days earlier to go on maternity leave), and tell her “I guess I’ll just see you when I go into labor, since apparently I am on my own now.” It’s been a week and a half, and I STILL haven’t heard anything. I have NEVER encountered suck POOR medical care. I am now scared to death that something is going to happen, and I’m not going to catch it because I have ZERO prenatal care at this point. I intend to also file claim with the licensing board, so that hopefully no other patient will have to go through this.

Posted on August 4th, 2015

She is very professional and caring.

Amazing Doctor poor staff

Posted on March 18th, 2015

Dr. Joanne Lim is a wonderful Doctor. She is so patient and kind and made me feel so calm through a not so great delivery. I cannot sing her praise enough. On the other hand her staff is very very unfriendly. Do not make eye contact when you come in the office and don't even say hello. I have called a few times and have been dismissed when I have actual concerns. I can almost hear them rolling their eyes over the phone. However Dr Lim is so wonderful I will return and put up with her not so friendly staff!

no multitasking for her

Posted on December 26th, 2013

I liked her and trusted her until I went into a labor. She was with me for half an hour or so after I started pushing. Then she left me with a nurse for another patient who she claimed was ahead of me in labor. She did not come back until the last three push. The nurse told me to stop pushing because my baby was coming out, but no one to catch. My hip was moving out of my control. My son came out completely purple, no breathing. He was in NICU for five days. She could have called for another doctor, but she didn't....that's her misjudgment.

AMAZING!

Posted on October 28th, 2013

I had the best best experience that I would ever imagine with Dr. Lim. My water broke 10 weeks early! I was in the hospital on bed rest for two weeks, Dr. Lim was at the hospital every single day checking up on me! Even when I thought she may have taken a day off she would surprise me with one of the night shift nurses just to see how I was doing. I deliverd my daughter 8 weeks early, another amazing experience with Dr. Lim she was there next to me within an hour or two after my contractions began. My daughter had to be placed in the NICU but not before Dr. Lim fought for me to hold her for just a second. Even while I was with my daughter in the NICU, Dr, Lim came to follow up and see my daughter. Sure, she may have cancled an appointment or two but it was probably because she spends all of her time at hospitals checking in on patients that need her most. I will never in my lifetime and my daughters lifetime see anther OB/GYN.

UGH...

Posted on August 3rd, 2012

The doc is good at what she does - can't keep an appointment to save her soul. I've been cancelled two times in a row. No notice the first time and today at noon. The "doctor won't be in the office today" is what I'm told. Then why on earth do they make the appointments for me then?

Posted on July 11th, 2012

Dr. Lim is the very best!! I had twins in 2011 and I can't imagine having a better OB. She is caring and has a wonderful reputation among her peers. She is my OB again since my first experience was perfect .

RUDE

Posted on April 13th, 2012

Poor bed side manner! I am by no means overweight (125 when i got pregnant) and when i got pregnant had to stop taking certain medications that led me to gain some weight. The second appt she was so rude about my weight gain and asked "are you eating cookies and candy". I had a lot of anxiety and left crying that visit that during my next visit I asked nicely that she not discuss my weight gain. Apparently that made her angry and after taking some pretty mean digs about my weight she said maybe i should find another doctor! The sad part is i had other more serious issues i should have been talking to her about but felt so uncomfotable each time i didnt want to disscuss with her! Do not recommend!

Posted on November 10th, 2017