Dr. Joanne Mcalvany MD Patient Reviews

3.0

March 9th, 2015
5 minute full body check...
Went for a full body mole check. The visit lasted about 5 minutes. She asked 2 questions and sent me on my way. The check performed was not thorough at all. She barely checked my scalp. I will not go back.

September 4th, 2013
DO NOT see her.
I was highly disappointed with Dr. McAlvany and her office assistant, Freda, was also quite rude. Freda showed me into my room without a smile, asked me a question then cut me off before I could answer and was just entirely unfriendly. I went to Dermatology Associates of Georgia for a full body check and just took their next open appointment. Dr. McAlvany came in for a total of three minutes. Not only was she condescending but she BARELY even looked at my skin. With a history of melanoma and pre-cancerous basal cell carcinoma cells removed, one would think she would pay close attention to my skin. She never even took my gown off and just quickly glanced over my chest, nor did she look under my underwear. I will NOT be going back to her again and could not believe her carelessness and I seriously cannot believe she has returning patients. You would have to pay me to go to her. So essentially I lost 75 dollars (copay) for a careless, hurried body check when I am at considerable risk for skin cancer.

September 15th, 2012
Doesnt' care
Dr. Mcalvany spends about 30 seconds in the room, doesn't ask probing questions, scribbles a prescription and leaves. Billing is terrible. This is why people hate dealing with doctors and these common doctor compounds.

April 29th, 2011
Unprofessional dr. and HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF and EVEN WORSE BILLING!!!!
I have seen Dr. Macalvaney three times and will never go back. All if needed each time was a skin cancer screening. She barely said a word to me or even looked at my skin. In fact she did the same thing to my husband. Then her billing office has messed up submitting the claim to my insurance twice. They are incompetent and never return calls. DO NOT GO TO THIS PRACTICE.

January 6th, 2010
efficient and competent
Dr McAlvany has seen me and my son for several different problems. She has always been appropriately attentive and efficient and her interventions have been highly effective. She is too busy to make small talk and I appreciate that because I am too!

October 13th, 2009
Very Courteous
I was slightly nervous when I came in for my appointment, but Dr. McAlvany made me feel very relaxed. She was very nice and was able to explain my problems to me in a way that was easy to understand. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

July 8th, 2009
Didn't Care
I was in and out of the examining room in under 5 minutes. Doctor didn't seem to care at all and spent minimum time with me. After my main problem was addressed she disappeared so fast that I didn't even have a chance to ask her about something else that bothered me...I have seen Docs before who did not have the best "bedside manner" but none have ever appeared quite this uninterested.

March 25th, 2009
Didn't seem to care
I saw Dr. McAlvany in 2008 and she didn't spend any time with me. I felt like she wondered why I was there. I asked her about two spots that I thought were a problem, and both turned out to be problems and were removed. She didn't think there was anything wrong. I had a biopsy done today and am waiting the results. I would not recommend seeing this dermatologist.