A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joanne Wilson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joanne Wilson is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joanne Wilson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Functional Colonic Diseases (Functional Bowel Disorders)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Peptic Ulcer
Education & Awards
Dr. Wilson graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Wilson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham Regional Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wilson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans