Dr. Joao Tavares MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 9th, 2011
Wouldn't be walking without him
I am 25 years old and have mild cerebral palsy. my first visit with Dr. Tavares was at age 2, my last being around age 19 when I sort of aged out of the children's hospital. I honestly doubt I would be walking much at all without the help of Dr. Tavares and the shiners hospital. When I started seeing them I walked with inverted knees and my feet turned in. Today I am perfectly normal apart from a mild limp and limited knee range. The staff at this hospital are always courteous and helpful. I've been to some specialists where I feel like things are strictly surgical and a patient is seen as another bench mark this is not the case with either this hospital or particular doctor. I had around 8 surgeries most with Dr. Tarvares and have to say I always felt secure placing my confidence in his abilities as a doctor and surgeon. After having met other people with mild CP who have also had many surgeries and still struggle far more than I do, I am beyond thankful for having had all the wonderful people at shiners in my life.