Dr. Joaquin Brieva Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joaquin Brieva?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Joaquin Brieva?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017

Almost Hairless

Do Not Go! A year ago, he diagnosed me with rosacea on face, body and scalp. He gave me metrodonizole to apply to face, chest, back, arms, scalp--wherever I had little inflamed pimples. Yes, I had rosacea on my face (the ONLY place you can have it!!) but I also had a staph skin infection. Luckily for me (and Brieva), he'd also prescribed pill medication that handled both. In another appt., I told him I was losing my hair. Without even looking at my scalp, he said, "No you're not." Now I've just been diagnosed with scarring alopecia in the late stage after having biopsies with a new doctor. If Brieva had caught it back then instead of diagnosing it as rosacea, it might have saved me lots of pain and the loss of most of my hair.

August 6th, 2016

Saved my life ! Compassionate and knowledgeable.

December 7th, 2015

Very good doctor, good bedside manner and lots of experience!

July 21st, 2012

Brilliant

Dr Breiva was able to do more for my rare diagnosis in 3 weeks what a team of doctors couldn't do in 4 months. Do wish it was easier to get that 1st appt but other than that I would be worse off today without his care

January 13th, 2012

Love this doctor

Dr. Brieva has been treating me for rosacea for over ten years. Thanks to him my skin is taken care of. He's a good hearted person & doctor. Yes, it's true most visit will be quick but trust me all will be taken care of with patiece.

November 18th, 2011

Great doctor

I was a patient but no longer am because I moved. I have been to dermatologists since I was about 18 months, so I have a lot of experience with them. He is one of the best. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with you, but that's more Northwestern than him. At least he fixes your problems. I really, really like him. I'm now in the northwest suburbs, and I can't find anyone who can hold a candle to him!

August 23rd, 2010

Horrible experience...

Rude, arrogant. Left me cold. Stick with the suburbs, Northwestern physicians are over rated!

October 27th, 2008

Dismissive, uninformative and overall unpleasant

Had a miserable experience getting simple plantar warts removed. I tried on 2 separate occasions to get information ahead of time. Office staff were unable to give any sense of expectations or answer pre-exam questions but never allowed me to talk with a nurse or doctor. Waited for 20 minutes in the waiting room and onother 10 in the exam room. At the exam, Dr. Brieva launched into the procedure without explaining what to expect afterwards. He spoke hardly a word to me but rather talked with his intern the whole time. She bumped into me without comment as I lay face down on the awkward table. The doctor left without providing any care instructions and I ultimately had to have the procedure redone.

August 24th, 2016