Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

115 Medical Cir
Ste 102
Athens, TX 75751
903-677-6006
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Truly scary  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2014

It is truly scary this man is allowed to practice medicine. He not only gave out false patient information about me to "someone off the street" who happened to know me about my condition but he put me in the hospital and filled me full of narcotics then released me two days later and told a friend of mine I had a drug problem when she went to her own appointment. She asked how I was doing and he told her I never had meningitis (which I did) and that I was just looking to score drugs I had meningitis and was suffering from low spinal fluid and was taken to ETMC Tyler and treated non narcotically for 5 days in the hospital after this episode. I talked with area Dr.s who indeed agreed he was of low quality. The last dealings I had with him I was in his office and he gave me a shot of what I now think was Stadol and told me to "Hurry and get where I was going" because the narcotic would kick in. I was alone at that visit and he was aware but told me he just wanted to make sure I didn't crash in his parking lot. This was several years ago and I have since moved from the area but just saw his name come up on this site and wanted to warn anyone dealing with him that this man is truly dangerous. I have other friends who have had mirror image dealings with this man. After treating me for meningitis this man never once followed up with me.

by r Michael on Jul 11th, 2014

I love him. He diagnosed my Parkinsons. He helped me and was very caring and informative.

Feb 25th, 2013

Terrible! Wouldn't recommend to anyone! Besides not being able to understand a word he says, all he does is push pain pills until you're hooked on them! He's also very flirtatious!

Mar 20th, 2012

Very uncomfortable experience. Will never go back, nor will I recommend him to anybody.

|  very caring, knowledgable doctor  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Mongare for several years with various problems and he is always up to date on the newest procedures and medicines to help me live with my pain. I lived on pain meds & injections for many yrs with a "pain specialist" before getting with Dr. Mongare- all I can say is he is GREAT-

|  Sunne Armetta  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

He is a wonder doctor! He always is a caring kind doctor, He takes the time to listen to me. He takes care of my multiple sclerosis. I would always recommend him to my friends in ne4ed.

|  Terrible  |  show details
by Sunny on Feb 2nd, 2011

This doctor needs to be drug tested, takes so many narcotics he doesnt remember one minute to the next... A wreck

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
by Karen Mancilla on Oct 4th, 2009

He is so down to earth with great bedsidemanner's,and I can talk to him about anything. He is so understanding.I recommend any and everybody to him.

|  I SEE DR.MONGARE AS A LIFE SAVER!  |  show details
by MISTY MOULDER on Aug 14th, 2009

I DON'T KNOW WHERE I WOULD BE TODAY IF IT WAS NOT FOR DR.MONGARE AND HIS STAFF.HIMSELF AS WELL AS HIS STAFF ARE VERY CARING.I LOOK AT ALL OF THEM AS MY ANGELS FROM UP ABOVE.I AM VERY BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH A FINE TEAM WHO REALLY CARES.

|  Ogamba  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2009

He is smart and a concerned doctor