Dr. Jocelyn Bush MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 13th, 2016
Have been under Dr. Bush care for over three years now. All she has done is keep me dependant on pain meds and continue to insist on invasive procedures that do not help to alleviate my pain. At first thought she was going to be great but is more concerned with 'pleasing' her 'bosses'. Concern for patients has taken a back seat. Has disputed other meds prescribed by family physician and oncologist and deemed him incompetent at prescribing additional meds. Am attempting to step down from pain meds on my own so I can be free of this clinic. Don't go! She will get you on and then keep you on pain meds and once has you hooked then will insist on invasive procedures. If you refuse procedures threatens to withhold narcotics. Consistently overbooks making wait times over an hour on most visits. Also, have to have monthly appointments. Only concerned with $$$$

November 18th, 2015
Extremely Knowledgeable
As usual my appointment with Dr. Jocelyn Bush went very well. She is extremely knowledgeable about the cause of my pain and the treatment for my pain. I find the nurse Cheryl to be very friendly and hospitable.

November 13th, 2015
Very Comforting and Helpful
I have always been satisfied with coming there.....I'm always very nervous and a little scared but everyone is very helpful and are very comforting to me..... I did find out this time the problem with the bad headache is I'm allergic to zofran.....

September 24th, 2015
Ugh!
Steer clear of this doctor and this place. They make their money from their surgery center and push injections at every appointment. I can't tolerate steroid injections and made that clear at our first appointment, but she continued to push the injections on me, going as far as scheduling them for me and having the staff call to confirm the appointments. I finally told her to stop and she started screaming at me and telling me that I was violating my pain management contract putting her in charge of my decisions regarding pain care. I have never seen a 'profession' act in such a disgraceful way.

April 24th, 2015
I agree with the former patient that stated that this was a nightmare. I have never treated with a facility where the staff and doctors were so rude and uncaring. The doctors and physical therapy staff do not like answering questions about anything. It is their way or the highway. I know of many patients who were refused treatment if they asked for clarification regarding diagnoses or if they wanted to try alternative treatments. Dr. Bush's bedside manner is horrific. Expect her demeanor to change from empathetic to simply evil if you disagree with her or ask questions about anything. This practice is no more than a conveyor belt system. It is a business that does not put the well-being of the patient first. STAY AWAY!

March 3rd, 2015
She knows what she is doing. She really does care whether or not treatment is helping. I think she's great!

March 24th, 2014
Great
I have been seeing Dr. Bush for quite awhile and I have learned a lot about my pain issues. I went to "The Center of Pain Management" because I couldn't get control of my pain and I had different doctors giving me all kinds of pain pills where I am now I have Dr. Bush which I have total trust in. At first I didn't think it would workout with her being my doctor and once we really got talking she is genuine and is one of the best doctors I have ever had. I am getting ready for my spinal stimulator and I hope it works for me so I can get off the pain pills or at least not as much I have to take.

February 10th, 2014
Pleasant
I was really nervious to get the Joint Nerve Blocks.I had a couple bad experiances at another pain management. But I was pleasantly surprised by how the nurses were patient .And then Dr.Bush assured me that I was going to feel a lot better if I would just focus on the big picture of it all maybe not in those words but that was the just of it...

January 21st, 2014
Great
I can safely say that Dr. Bush saved my life. To be clear, I had no terminal disease, nor was I in an accident. I suffer from fibromyalgia (joints, spine, soft tissue, etc.), various autoimmune diseases and severe fatigue. I searched for help for many years--looking for someone to explain to me what was happening to my body. Then, my primary care physician referred me to Dr. Bush. Dr. Bush spent a lot of time with me; unlike other doctors she LISTENED to me. I had been complaining about major back pain for almost 20 years and I could get no real relief. My previous doctors just wrote prescriptions for pain relievers and were not interested in finding out why my back was such a problem. A few simply ignored my pain and my questions, but not Dr. Bush. She said we would figure it out. I have never left her office without some action steps. I am so very grateful that Dr. Bush understands that not all of the pain a fibro patients experiences, is related to their fibro. MANY, MANY other doctors don't. The first day I met with Dr. Bush, I told her about all of my health issues including my back. Since I told her that I had seen several doctors about my back pain (e.g., PCP, neurologists, orthopedists, PT, massage therapy, etc.) she wanted to know what my MRIs had shown. I had seen many doctors in their practices, at urgent care offices, and in the emergency rooms many times for my "thrown out back." No doctor had ever ordered an MRI (or other types of imaging). Doctors kept saying that my back pain was from the fibro and that fibro won’t show up any of the imaging that could be done, so there was no reason to do it. Some doctors suggested that perhaps the pain wasn’t real—it was in my head. During these appointments, I always felt defeated. It was always the same old story. But, I knew the difference between my fibro pain and my back pain. Anyway, she ordered an MRI and found bulging discs and arthritis and some other stuff I can’t spell :). She moved quickly to come up with a treatment course that would help with the immediate pain—basically bring it down a notch—while she investigated the source of the rest of my pain. That was nearly four years ago. Today I am still treated by Dr. Bush. I am not going to say that I am pain free--I wish. What I will say is that by partnering with Dr. Bush on this journey to improve my quality of life, I have more good days than bad. I can work, take care of my family and appreciate that things are better than they would have been had I not been referred to Dr. Bush. She identified the source of my excruciating back pain and treats it and she works with me on a regular basis to monitor my fibro and joint pain and figure out ways that we can tweak my current treatment regimen. Anyone in Indiana who suffers from chronic pain should ask to be treated by Jocelyn Bush!

January 5th, 2014
Good Enough
Doctor Bush is a brilliant woman who wants to help her patients alleviate their suffering. However, it does take time to build trust with doctor Bush (and expectedly so, considering she deals with drug-seeking at times). As your relationship develops with her, the more you'll get to like her. She works diligently with you to effectively try & get your pain to a manageable level so you can live your life. I'd recommend her to those in need.

August 13th, 2013
Awsome
Extremely pleased with entire office and Dr. Bush. Feels like she is going above and beyond to try and find the correct treatments for my condition.

June 13th, 2013
Stay away- This doctor and her practice will increase your pain!
My entire experience with the Center for Pain Management was a nightmare from start to finish. They are extremely draconian about following their procedures. If you don't, you are booted. If you reschedule- even for emergency reasons- they count that against you. They even count it against you if you try to reschedule an appointment THEY made for you without consulting you. (Yes, this really did happen to me. I had an appointment for an MRI, *they* rescheduled it to a time I couldn't come, and they told me I either had to come to that appointment or the doctor would not see me again.) The doctor is likewise draconian and uncaring. My insurance requires 3 month prescriptions for certain medicines. She didn't care, she said "We only write for 1 month prescriptions." She showed no interest in listening to me and assessing my needs, and she was actively rude to my wife for the horrible "sin" of asking clarifying questions about her diagnosis and treatment plan. I would sooner go without medicines than work with this practice or doctor... which I would have had to do even had I, because the injections she wanted to give instead of prescriptions for pain meds aren't covered by my insurance. (And yes, you got it, they don't care about that either.)