Dr. Jocelyn Craparo MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics Bryn Mawr, PA

• Good
  • Bad

November 13th, 2013
First appt with a rude nurse not the dr.
This was a very disappointing referral. Dr. Craparo and her practice were highly recommended but I never met a doctor. My first appointment was with a nurse who gave me a consultation without a medical exam to determine my health status. She spent 30 minutes lecturing me on my advanced maternal age and reminded me that this may be my "only shot" at a child but also admitted they see many older patients like me successfully. I left that appointment feeling as if I had one foot in the grave and cancelled future appointments with this practice. I have since moved on to another highly touted Main Line practice where I see a physician each and every time and where my actually health status is discussed (which is quite healthy). I advise everyone to shop doctors early on until you find a practice where you feel comfortable. For me, the second practice I visited was the choice for me.

August 8th, 2013
Beware!
I had an awful experience at this practice. The wait times were long, yet the doctors spent very little time with me. They would never volunteer any information unless expressly asked. I often heard the office staff complaining about the one doctor who would take time with patients. she left the peactice. Answers to questions were 1 word. I had horrible nausea in the first trimester and my questions about it were ignored until I had lost 15 pounds and then they scolded me for it. The results of my HIV test that is part of the initial blood work came back "indeterminate". Rather than a doctor discussing it with me, I got the nurse practitioner who told me she has never see. It before and basically made it sound like I was HIV positive, gave me ambiance and sent me home to wait for an appt. with an infectious disease specialist. In the mean time she seemed very annoyed when I called with follow up questions and rushed me off the phone. The infectious disease specialist told me the results were actually normal and that they never should have told me that they were not. The first time I met Dr. Crapraro was in delivery. Her son was having emergency surgery at the same hospital that day, so after waiting several hours "in line" for delivery, she then disappeared to see her son and the hospital staff couldn't find her. Thank goodness the Bryn Mawr hospital nurses and other docs on staff there were awesome. This practice is terrible. Beware!

April 4th, 2012
If I had to use one word to describe Dr. Crapero it would be AWESOME !!! The doc delivered my first two children and is delivering my third in a week. She has been there for anything my wife and I have needed in the past four years along with the great staff at bryn mawr womens. This is our last child and my wife and I have been very happy with the choice of having Dr. Crapero and the staff at bryn mawr womens be a part of my family's wonderful journey!!

April 8th, 2011
Almost made me look for another doctor on the day I was to be induced!
I chose Dr Craparo as my ob/gyn after a good recommendation from a sales rep! I should have known better! I carried my baby for 42 weeks and was still only 2 cm dilated...so it was recommended that induction was the best way to go so as not to put the baby's and my health in jeopardy. I had a lot of amniotic fluid and the baby was doing well (as per the ultrasounds) so it was okay for me to go over the recommended 40 weeks. The day before my original induction date, I received a phone call from Bryn Mawr hospital saying I had to be bumped down the list because they had some emergency c-sections so Dr Craparo would not be available. I was given a choice of two days later. On my rescheduled induction day, I arrived at L & D at 8am with my doula and partner. After the nurses had set up my IV, Dr Craparo walked into the room , said hi and went straight into asking the nurse for this hook-like instrument. I asked her what she was going to do, and she replied that she was going to break my water. I said that I did not want my water broken and would have liked for it to break on its own especially considering I was getting induced (The contractions are usually stronger...which I had extensively researched) and I wanted some kind of cushion for the baby especially at the beginning. She went on a rant about the way breaking water and induction were procedure and that she had delivered soooooo many babies successfully and even went on to ask me if I wanted my baby to die! I knew that it was usually procedure for breaking water while inducing. I also knew that it was not the only option; labor just happened to progress faster. She even told me that I could find another place that would do what I wanted! I was ready to go! She went further to call my partner and I "kids" (we were in our late twenties!) who did not understand the complications of labor! I asked for a few minutes to speak to my support group...and all agreed, despite her reluctance to delay breaking the water for 2 hours and see how the baby would handle the strong contractions. It was the best decision I ever made because my baby's heart rate dropped and they had to stop the pitocin. They eventually had to break my water so as to insert the fetal monitor on the baby's head and my own oxytocin kicked in so they did not need the pitocin eventually.Also, despite my request to be not offered any pain relievers until I asked for it, she kept nagging and telling me that there were options to reduce pain. After intense meditation and with the help of a great support team, I labored for 11 hours and gave birth to a healthy baby girl via vaginal birth without any pain relievers or anaesthesia! Luckily too, Dr Craparo did not deliver the baby (my labor lasted past her shift hours). So there was a happy ending to my almost worst labor experience.

April 4th, 2011
Her license to practice medicine needs to be taken away. She is careless and thoughtless, which I strangely believe comes from lack of medical knowledge.

November 16th, 2010
Our's Favourite Gync
We had a very pleasant experience during our first baby birth. Dr Craparo is one among the best doctors you would want to be with your during special moments.

February 22nd, 2010
I love Dr. Craparo
Dr. Craparo first attended me during a miscarriage in the ER of Bryn Mawr Hospital. The hwole staff was wonderful butm Dr. Craparo in particular was really amazing. When it came to my next pregnancy, I switched to Dr. Craparo. I'm a little skittish about doctors and medical procedures. She had infinite patience with me and walked me through every step. I wouldn't trade Dr. Craparo or her prectice in Rosement for anything!

August 24th, 2009
The Best
No other doctor puts me at ease so quickly - almost immediately upon her arrival. (Very Important in a Gynocologist!) She is personable & inspires confidence with her medical knowledge. Virtually insistant that you discuss any problems no matter how small. Fortunately, I'm very healthy at the moment but I almost wanted to make something up at my recent vist just to appease her ;) She was recommended to me by a friend years ago and, like her, I will go nowhere else as long as Dr. Craparo is available. Since she's usually booked months in advance, it would seem I'm not alone in this opinion. She delivered my son with a flawless C-Section in 2005 & has returned calls promptly over the years regarding personal matters. Her staff is top-notch and friendly. Highly recommended.

July 6th, 2009
Excellent physician and diagnostician. Good bedside manner. Warm and compassionate. She has been my physician for 17 years.

August 4th, 2017