Dr. Jocelyn Russ MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 2nd, 2015
She has a great bedside manner. She explains things and allows you as a patient to come to your own decision

January 21st, 2014
She takes her time but she will bill you more than 1 office visit for her lengthy service, so be careful!

October 26th, 2012
I started with Dr. Russ this year after switching from another doctor. To begin with, when I arrived for my appt, the wait was very short (a rarity these days). The office was clean, the staff was professional and helpful and friendly. Dr Russ is a great doctor who listens to her patients and never rushes when she is with you. She is very compassionate and makes the patient feel extremely comfortable. After asking me questions and listening, Dr Russ diagnosed my problem, treated it and I've been fine since. Had to go for a follow up and again found the same caring and professional manner through her entire office . Have recommended her to many people.

May 2nd, 2012
Professional and Caring
Dr. Russ has been my primary care doc for nearly 10 years. The practice is well run and prompt (if you are late, you may not be seen, but that keeps things zipping along.) I had to rate the wait 5 minutes since that is the minimum offered, but it would be exceedingly rare for me to sit in the waiting room that long. Since the days of Marcus Welby are long gone, followup appointments are not lengthy. (An initial visit is.) But she knows me, questions me and listens, and shows that she is focused on my care when she is seeing me. She refers as needed and the Cleveland Clinic has an extensive network of specialists. Care at its Family Health Centers is more accessible (better parking, shorter walks) and the staff are equally expert as the downtown location (and often practice there as well.) For a variety of reasons I hate to change doctors. One is that I can have some personality clashes with some doctors; I had just quit another doctor in the same practice when I started with Dr. R. She worked through my issues with me and we each let each other know what to expect and where the boundaries are. Not every doctor will do that and I have really appreciated that about her. Her practice is moving to a more distant Family Health Center but I will follow her there. One thing to know- like most offices today- you would rarely get to speak with her directly on a followup phone call; the nurses do that work and that is an occasional frustration if messages are not relayed as fully as I might want. But it is a small price to pay. I know many people miss the old days of medical practice but since they're gone- may as well get someone who is attentive and focused while quick.

May 5th, 2011
great doc
The staff was wonderful, prompt, I didn't have to wait at all (and I came early!). They took me back right away, rooms were a good temperature, the doctor was very personable, took her time with me, didn't seem rushed, good listener, explained everything thoroughly, and scheduling was easy. will definitely go back

May 20th, 2010
terrible. do not bother... save your time and co pay...