Dr. Jodi Smith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jodi Smith?

August 22nd, 2016

She's the BEST!! Her office staff is great as well!! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an awesome OBGYN/GYN! Love her!!

November 27th, 2015

May I have a few minutes of your time? Vitals .com is the only forum I have for telling as many women as possible that the Mercy, Board Certified OB/GYNs actually allow residents (doctors in training) to perform complete surgical procedures, that is, start to finish, on their purposely neglected to be told, totally unsuspecting, anesthetized patients. For your surgery it may only be part, but whichever is the case, if your OB/GYN has not told you specifically what part of a procedure the resident is doing, then your doctor has perpetrated something called "ghost surgery". "Ghost surgery" is the act of substituting one surgeon for another surgeon, supervised residents included, for any or part of a surgical procedure without the express consent of the patient who has essentially hired a specific doctor to treat them. "Ghost surgery" is considered fraud and battery of patient (U.S. Supreme Court, 1983). Something else to seriously consider is that risks/rates of complications definitely go up when a resident is involved. Perfectly logical really when you consider many aspects of a gyno procedure can be completely blind: critical bladder dissection, vault suspension, a d&c,etc. So, how can your doctor supervise that? Having a resident involved in your surgery is a risk just like any other: anesthesia problems, ureter damage, etc. My little bit of research into Mercy practices also led me to the ugly discovery that residents will be allowed to do invasive bi-manual pelvic exams on you while you're in a lithotomy position and anesthetized. The Mercy doctors' thinking is you will perfectly relaxed and excellent practice for the residents. These pelvic exams without your express consent are against the law in 4 states. HI, for example found numerous instances of bruised cervices, torn and abraded tissue, and countless pelvic infections. I thought this was so grossly unethical, I could scarcely believe it. Why can't the residents ask beforehand? Shouldn't the patient's well being always come first? Then there is #4 on your consent form. Your "credentialed provider "(aka your Mercy, Board Certified OB/GYN) thinks it's okay to simply tell you a resident might be involved in your care, or maybe a resident will walk in minutes before your surgery and say, Hi, I'm the resident". The Mercy, OB/GYNs think this covers their responsibility to you. It doesn't. Hopefully I have added some info, and Good Luck with your decision.

October 14th, 2015

This was my first visit with Dr. Smith and I loved her and the staff. I was looking for new dr because at my prev obgyn it was normal to be waiting for an hour past my appt. Today I was taken back 5 min prior to my appt and saw Dr Smith shortly after. She was great about reviewing my info and you could tell she paid attention and followed up on some things I'd listed. She spent time answering my question thoroughly and I liked that all her answers pulled in "research". Very excited to have found her. Staff was also awesome, efficient, and very friendly.

January 27th, 2015

Dr Smith is both an excellent Doctor and Surgeon.

October 29th, 2014

Love Dr. Smith

I decided to go to Dr. Smith after working with her for a short time as a L&D nurse at Mercy. She's absolutely wonderful and incredibly respectful of her patients. She takes the time to listen to concerns and spends a lot of time with her patients. She doesn't act like she's too busy for you and doesn't pressure you to get a c-section if you don't need one. I've been to her office once and all the staff was very nice and there was almost no wait. Would recommend her to anyone who needs an obgyn.

July 11th, 2014

Love Dr. Smith!

Dr. Smith was my OBGYN for quite some time - always a great and honest OBGYN, and then I became pregnant and she was even more great! I will recommend her to every friend I have. She is the only one who was completely calm, and helped keep me calm through my delivery. Love her and highly recommend her!

October 24th, 2012

I really like Dr. Smith. She is friendly, easy to relate to and answers questions in a fair and accurate manner. She believes in giving her patients options and takes their opinions seriously.

July 25th, 2012

Heaven forbit you are 7 minutes late b/c you are lost. Your appointment will be cancelled regardless of the reason you are there or how much work you put into getting there. I work downtown and traveled a ways to get to her office. The staff's directions were hard to follow and I got a little turned around. By the time I got there, I was informed that they had to cancel my appointment (even though I was on the phone with them for most of my lost time) b/c the doctor had to leave early and didn't have time to see me. My appointment was at 3:00 and I got there t 3:07. She needed to leave a 3:30. The doctor didnn't even try to talk to me to see if there was anything that she could do to ease my mind or the reason I was coming. In fact, the girl scheduling me didn't care and I couldnn't even get her to look me in the eye. If I want someone to care for me, that's just it, I want someone who cares. This is obviously a facility that doesn't.

August 20th, 2011

Amazing

This whole office is full of amazing Dr's and Staff. Dr. Smith was my 2nd OB in my pregnancy, and made it so easy and was there every step of the way, I also got sick a week after my delivering and she was there to check on me. I couldn't have asked for a better Dr to be the first to hold my son.

October 9th, 2017