Gastroenterologists

5823 W Eugie Ave
Ste A
Glendale, AZ 85304
602-843-1265
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Go Somewhere Else  |  show details
May 20th, 2014

I went to see Dr. Labowitz for an excessive acid/gas problem. She said I should have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy (the latter because of family history) so I scheduled an appointment for the procedures. After $1400 out of pocket to me, she could find nothing wrong, diagnosed me with IBS and suggested I start taking probiotics. In my opinion, this was a complete waste of my time and more importantly, my money. She couldn't have suggested the probiotic regimen before I spent my hard earned money to discover nothing?? Months later, my symptoms have not changed with the probiotics, so when I find the time to address them again, I'll definitely go to another doctor. I think IBS is the answer when the doctor just doesn't have a clue.

|  Very Pleased !  |  show details
by Hogrotten on Jan 31st, 2014

I like this place so well I had my 18 year old go there because I knew she would get the kind of treatment an 18 year old deserves ! She is new to all this being an adult and she felt very comfortable there !!!!

|  show details
Jul 1st, 2013

Takes more than 4 weeks to get an appointment. Then when tou get one you wait for an hour in the waiting room! She classified my problem as ibs. The catch all if you have a problem! Kept giving me antidepressants to fix my problem.

|  RECONSIDER BEFORE YOU CONSIDER  |  show details
May 1st, 2013

I would NOT recommend Arizona Digestive & Liver Disease Consultants to ANY new patient & would advise current patients to be very CAUTIOUS of their billing/scheduling practices. I visited the office for a checkup in Sept 2008 & returned for another checkup in Nov 2012; both appointments with Dr. Mokashi. When I called to schedule an appointment, I advised the receptionist that I needed to make an appointment as soon as possible. She recommended that because my doctor would be out of town that I see Dr. Labowitz who I came in and saw a few weeks later. My appointment with Dr. Labowitz was very brief as I had her review some paper work from my health assessment I had done at my employer which indicated my liver enzymes were elevated. She recommended I get blood work done & I left my appointment with lab work to take to a laboratory and to schedule a follow up appointment to review the results. As I was setting up my follow up appointment, I requested to see Dr. Mokashi, my primary doctor, for the next appointment. The scheduler advised me that “because I switched doctors that she would need to get this approved”. Immediately I corrected her and advised her that I did not request to permanently “switch doctors” & that I was never told I was switching doctors; I just needed to get in as soon as I could. She advised me that the scheduling staff was “new” & must have made the mistake of not advising me of this. Luckily, after complaining about this I was able to see Dr. Mokashi for my next follow up appointment that I had in which was the next month.After my second appointment with Dr. Mokashi, I received a bill (which seemed extremely high for a follow up appointment) from AZ Digestive & Liver Disease Consultants & noticed that I was charged as a New Patient for my visit in November with Dr. Labowitz. Confused because I was not a new patient, I called the office and spoke to Brittany who advised me that after not coming in for a visit for more than four years, you are established as a new patient in the system & are charged a new patient fee which in this case was $372.00. I explained that I understand that is their policy, however, I was NOT a new patient and was NEVER advised this when I called originally and spoke to the person to set up the appointment with Dr. Labowitz who also did not advise me I was “switching doctors”. I asked to speak to a manager in regards to this issue because as a manager in Customer Service for a Fortune 500 credit card company, I did not appreciate the fact that this was never disclosed to me when I made my appointment in the first place. If it was, I would have considered different doctors as I would have, as any patient would, like to get the most frugal price as insurance doesn’t cover the full price for a specialty doctor. However, I was never given this option to begin with. I requested to speak to the office manager, Janet, who was by far the most rudest and condescending person I have ever spoke to, interrupted me, said she “understood” but irrelevantly addressed my concerns. After making excuses for my experience, I was finally able to convince her that she needs to make sure her staff is for one, ADVISING their patients that if they have not been in in over 4 years, that they will be established as a new patient resulting in a new patient charge. Two, NOT SWITCHING doctors without the patient knowing as they will have to get approval to switch back to their primary doctor just because they are urgently requesting an appointment. All Janet could do was focus on the fact that “this is the policy” & although I was NEVER disagreeing with the new patient charge, I was more upset about never being advised the fact I would be CHARGED. This doctor’s office doesn’t care to disclose that information because it is not their money they have to worry y about putting forth towards these costs. They do NOT look out for their patient’s best interest, and do not advise their patients of the unknown. As a PRIOR patient who will NEVER go back to this office, I highly recommend you ask questions because unfortunately this office does not know what they should disclose for the Customers well-being. This doctor’s office obviously expects you “to know what you don’t know” & be treated like money is not an issue. After calling to pay my final bill & to inquire about a contact number or email address to file a complaint, I was again transferred to Janet. The only thing that I accomplished out of this call was increased blood pressure. She was just as rude as the first time, interrupted me SEVERAL times & basically told me you are S*it out of luck. I told her that as a Customer , offering to work with me somehow whether it meant financially compensate even a small amount of the charge that I never knew I was going to be charged, that I would be satisfied and that I would continue coming to this doctor’s office as I really like Dr. Mokashi. This would have shown me that she was sincerely apologetic for the disgusting experience that I had with the office, the girl who scheduled the appointment, and the unknown charge on my account. Unfortunately for her and her office, she told me that “there was nothing she could do” and hoped that I would give them a second chance. Well, unfortunately for HER I told her that if there was nothing they could do for me as a current client, that I would make sure every other potential new client & existing client knew about my experience to avoid this from happening to anyone else. Do your research on other specialty doctors in this field before considering this office. Their scheduling team is terrible, incompetent & Janet should be considering a new field for herself as Customer Service is NOT her expertise.